New Member: Glad I found this forum!

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just a brief introduction:

I play Yamaha MO8 and Korg Triton Classic in a contemporary Christian worship band in and around Belfast. I have classical training up to Grade 8 but I don't use that so much now although it's handy to be able to read music I tend to play by ear and use chord charts.

Thinking of changing to a software based setup - I'm on here for ideas and advice.

Reaction score
hi,

Hillsong uses a lot of software they run mainstage and whatever vsts they use i know they use the italian grand from synthology alot as a computer

tomlins keyboardist uses ableton (maybe just for click and back tracks) but he uses an s90, a triton rack and a c3 organ (atleast when i saw him)

dont know if that helps.

are you playing for youth, main church service, college aged?

maybe if your more specific i can help more.

i know one of hillsongs main pads is the analog velvet from the triton and just turn the cut off down.

hope this helps!

Reaction score
Thanks for your welcome

I also play in church - Roland FP7 or Yamaha P-250 midi'd to Triton. It's a contemporary praise and worship style service similar to Hillsong. We have electric guitar, acoustic guitar, drums, bass, keyboard (me), sax and flute.

I use the MO8 and Triton for a youth praise band (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, drums, loops with click/metronome) similar to Hillsong United in style.
I've started to use arpeggiated sounds in this band since we are playing to a click it stays in time.

Ask a Question