New member introduction

Reaction score
New member - retired engineer, want to pursue my music hobby in retirement. Trying to use Roland Juno 88-DS with my Windows 10 desktop computer. This was supposed to be so easy........:mad: :D

Reaction score
New member and new to keys!

I'm primarily a guitar player / singer. I play ( or used to pre-Covid ) in a church/cover band. I've wanted to expand musically and learn to play keyboards for some time and recently took the plunge, bought a keyboard, and am trying to teach my self at this point.

Glad to be here. Hopefully I will learn something and if I'm not careful, have a good time in the process! :cool:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
WDon >>> Well welcome anyway friend. I own a DS88. What's the nature of the problem specifically?

12tone >>> Welcome aboard as well. The more the merrier... ;)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
The more the merrier... ;)
Yes we are getting many new members lately. Welcome to our unique forums.

I would like to point out to all newbies that these forums are a wealth of info "for free".
Please don't just get your problem resolved and rack off! Stick around, get involved, share your experiences. Please!
As Gary said "the more the merrier"
Ray

Reaction score
New member and new to keys!

I'm primarily a guitar player / singer. I play ( or used to pre-Covid ) in a church/cover band. I've wanted to expand musically and learn to play keyboards for some time and recently took the plunge, bought a keyboard, and am trying to teach my self at this point.

Glad to be here. Hopefully I will learn something and if I'm not careful, have a good time in the process! :cool:

New member - retired engineer, want to pursue my music hobby in retirement. Trying to use Roland Juno 88-DS with my Windows 10 desktop computer. This was supposed to be so easy........:mad: :D
How do you connect
by midi/USB connector?
by audio/midi interface
grtgs
mris

Reaction score
WDon >>> Well welcome anyway friend. I own a DS88. What's the nature of the problem specifically?

12tone >>> Welcome aboard as well. The more the merrier... ;)

Gary ;)
Gary - thank you! But I warn you before we get started, the nature of my questions are probably best described as those that should be addressed in a book "DS-88 For Dummies". I am a novice to computer music systems, to say the least. With that disclaimer, I would love to benefit from the experience of those such as yourselves who have walked this path before.

The essential problem I am having my Windows 10 desktop recognize the DS-88 through the USB interface. I know what is supposed to happen - Roland provides that information in their support site - but when I go through the steps they prescribe my setup is not at all responding as their instructions say it should be, and I am unable to move one as a result.

Ask a Question