New member, need help/suggestions.

Kev

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum thing. honestly. this is the first I've ever joined. I've read through some of the threads(I guess that's what they're called) and there are some pretty smart people out there.

So, I'll get straight to my question.

I have an Roland XP-80 keyboard. I've had it for several years now, and have used a little on the road and some at church but mostly at home. This problem I'm going to explain has been going on for some time now. I know I could probably take it in, and may still have to, but thought I would search the web and see if there is anyone out there that has experience this problem first.

Randomly, never really consistant, the keyboard will de-tune itself, or change in pitch, go off key, whatever you want to call it, and quite noticably. It's happen while I'm leading worship at my church and I have to completely stop playing. I, of course, keep singing to keep the flow, but, have to shut the keyboard off and wait about 20 seconds and turn it back on. This, however, doesn't always fix the problem.

Anyone out there with an XP-80 that's experienced this and what did you end up doing about it.

thanks for any help on this folks.

Kev

Reaction score
'

Hi there, if this problem is not a faulty circuit, there are one or two things you could
check:

1. Has anyone else had use of the keyboard?... if so they may have altered the pitch
to tune in to the range of an accompanying singer on certain voices - in this
case this should only happen when you switch to that (or those) voice(s).
You should be able to bring it back into line by accessing the tuning menu.

Check out the site below -

http://www.pdmusic.org/text/009.txt

2. Does the battery need replacing?

I am not familiar with this keyboard, but it has happened to me with a used keyboard I once bought
(the pitch having been altered, I mean).

These would be the first things to investigate, if I were you.

Good luck!

Ask a Question