New or used keyboard purchase

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m new here so please pardon my ignorance. I’m looking to purchase a used Native Instruments Komplete Keyboard but am confused about whether I would be able to use the komplete 11 select instruments that would be supposedly transferred to me upon my purchase from the seller. Not sure if N.I. Would allow that. So unless I got the keys very cheap where I could afford to buy the software it may not be worth it. N.i. Instruments sound great but are very expensive. Would it be more practical to buy a cheaper keyboard I.e. Akai and use third party instruments which I guess are cheaper (I’m mostly interested in orchestral stuff) or use Komplete Kontrol which they claim is easier to integrate with my Logic daw. Also read many bad reviews about N.I. Downloads and support. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobbio

Reaction score
I do not know where you are but the UK eBay and Amazon are listing a new NI keyboard including software for £539.

May be worth looking on your own countries sites if the cost or equivalent is within budget.

I would not have thought that transfering ownership would be a problem especially if you have the seller providing some sort of written and signed document detailing the sale and including the S/Ns.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
99% of most software user agreements (The 50 pages of legalese that you agree to with a click when installing it) expressly revokes any rights to transfer ownership of the software the second you click on that button.

Even your OS if it's Microsoft has that stipulation.

You should actually scroll thru and read those pages sometime. It's a hoot and it's more relaxing than valium. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sorry should have been clearer, I was referring to a transfer of ownership of a NI keyboard.

That should enable registration where the free software referred to in Gary’s post should be available.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Usually the lawyers who write those agreements don't make that distinction. While hardware is usually freely transferrable, if the hardware requires software to function then they usually make the software available as a free download on their website. But even then there's all sorts of contradictory bullsh*t in the user agreement.

Like I said, if he wants to be safe and if the software in question is not already a free download on their site, then he should make the effort to contact them to see if there's a stipulation preventing him from registering the disks under his name.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
He guys,
Thanks for your replies. I haven’t, called N.I. Yet. I finally found their number so will do that Monday. Yea ther are a lot of good deals out there on eBay. I can get a 49 key for about $200. Which would leave me about $200 to purchase Komplete select but would like to get that included with keyboard purchase.
Anyway thanks for your help. I’m sure I’ll be back to pick ur brains some more.

Ask a Question