New PSR-E333

Reaction score
I know I've purchased a very basic keyboard, and I've got so much to learn. Can someone please explain about MIDI files? My understanding is that you can change the key of the MIDI to match the sheet music you have?? I've also sent a few emails to Yamaha, but they haven't responded from about a week ago. Can I download Styles for this model? The website says no styles available for this model, but the Owner's Manual says I can. :confused:

Reaction score
Styles by the thousands you can download for free from psrtutorial.com (by far the best keyboard website for Yamaha keyboardplayers) but I am not sure you can load them into your keyboard as I am not familiar with your model.
In general on yamaha's to transpose use the transpose 'SONG' or transpose the whole keyboard. Every keyboard has a transpose function (otherwise they are useless) but you have to find in your manual how to do that.
Normally there is a button or knob for it, maybe it is under 'function'.
A forum is much more useful for questions than the factory.
Only very serious technical problem/questions they will answer but not how to transpose etc.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Sparkyjane,

Yamaha style files should be compatible across their whole range. Just get a few and try it out. It won't damage your machine!

I find changing the key of a MIDI file easier by using a midi editor program like anvil studio and using the transpose function before saving back.
http://www.anvilstudio.com/

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hi Y-Man,

RE Anvil, thanks for that useful tip! I have never used that program but will give it a try today as I have many midi's I would like to have (and save) in another key.
Sofar I used PSRUTI to do the same.

DickR

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who responded to my query. I'll look into your suggestions. And, yes, I am afraid of damaging my keyboard!!!!
Now, does anyone know how to download the Yamaha "Song Book" (as quoted in my user manuel). Sparkyjane

Reaction score
Thanks again Y-man
I thought they had downloadable sheet music available for the Songs that came with the keyboard. That what is implied in their user manual anyway! I've already downloaded the freeby MIDI, but haven't attempted to load it onto the keyboard yet - very nervous!!! Cheers

Reaction score
Sparkyjane,

Is the printable sheetmusic not on the CD that came with the keyboard? I remember from some time ago someone bought a PSR295 I think it was and the music was on it.
Midi files are by the tons free to download as the Y-Man suggested and I think in the mentioned Anvil program you can print the score yourself.
Haha nervous to load a midi into the keyboard?
As said you can NOT ruin the keyboard by doing something wrong and the internal voices and styles etc. are in non eresable memory. So you need a hammer to ruin the keyboard!
Have fun, that's the most important thing with a new 'toy'.

Reaction score
Midi files are by the tons free to download as the Y-Man suggested and I think in the mentioned Anvil program you can print the score yourself.

Hej, hej DickR,

I have the Anvil Studio Version 2012.01.04. When I want to print the score then you get the following hint:

Printing sheet music requires Anvil Studio's optional Print-Sheet accessory.
At the time this version of Anvil Studio was created, the price of this accessory was 39 US dollars.
Would you like to visit our catalog website now to learn more about this accessory?

goldi5210

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hej, hej DickR,

I have the Anvil Studio Version 2012.01.04. When I want to print the score then you get the following hint:

Printing sheet music requires Anvil Studio's optional Print-Sheet accessory.
At the time this version of Anvil Studio was created, the price of this accessory was 39 US dollars.
Would you like to visit our catalog website now to learn more about this accessory?

goldi5210

Goldi is right unfortunately - try Midi Maestro (Victor sent to me) - pretty sure it allows printing in trial mode.

Sparky - I don't usually try printing the score - because you end up with pages of it.

A midi file consists of potentially 16 or more instruments - so like an orchestral score, you end up with scores for the piano, a score for the string section, a score for the bass, a drum score etc......

The Y-man

Reaction score
Goldi is right unfortunately - try Midi Maestro (Victor sent to me) - pretty sure it allows printing in trial mode.

Sparky - I don't usually try printing the score - because you end up with pages of it.

A midi file consists of potentially 16 or more instruments - so like an orchestral score, you end up with scores for the piano, a score for the string section, a score for the bass, a drum score etc......

The Y-man

True in a way Y-Man but with most sequenzer software you can print only the instrument you want to have the score for on paper for studying. Usually the melody line of course. I use the good old XGWorks for it.
Yes the free Anvil doesn't print, I figured that out today. Don't blame them! Nice program BTW.

Greetings to you all, thats it for today I am going to have a nice drink.
DickR

Reaction score
Thanks DickR. I'm just about to load the sample MIDI...wish me luck! I also managed to locate the downloadable songbook from the Yamaha website. I re-registered and found the link was off the bottom of the screen, so I'd missed it. Just taking baby steps at this stage. It's a fantastic instrument, especially for the price. Hopefully, one day, I'll be good enough to want to progress to something a bit more technical. Yes, it is my new toy, and I'm loving it!!!

Ask a Question