New release date for Medeli AKX10

3dc

Reaction score
For those still interested:
The new estimated release date for Medeli AKX10 arranger unicorn is 20 weeks from now or around the end of June 2021. :)

Reaction score
I too am interested in the AKX10 and have decided to wait until it has gone into the hands of the US keyboard owners for review. I did a comparison of the Kurzweil KP300X to the Medeli AW830 and recommend everyone do the same.

Reaction score
I've spoken to Sam Ash, B&H, and Sweetwater - they have no plans to sell the Medeli AKX10 here in the US (sadly). It is available all over Europe now.
Is anyone in the U.S. carrying it? Maybe the company just isn't offering it here.

Reaction score
Hello, forum members

Since August 2 I made a pre-purchase of a Medeli AKX10, and this week I hope they confirm the shipment.

I have been reading and watching videos about this new model, said to be the Medeli A1000 update, but with improvements that make it similar to the Psr sx700 and 900 or close to the Korg pa700 to the pa900. What if it is clear that Medeli is better than the Casio brand, because it maintains the well-known taste of Yamaha

There is also a style converter from Yamaha to Medeli.

When I have the piano I will share more about it.

God bless you

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, forum members

Since August 2 I made a pre-purchase of a Medeli AKX10, and this week I hope they confirm the shipment.

I have been reading and watching videos about this new model, said to be the Medeli A1000 update, but with improvements that make it similar to the Psr sx700 and 900 or close to the Korg pa700 to the pa900. What if it is clear that Medeli is better than the Casio brand, because it maintains the well-known taste of Yamaha

There is also a style converter from Yamaha to Medeli.

When I have the piano I will share more about it.

God bless you
Received the Medeli AKX10 yesterday for Alto Music out of NY.

Reaction score
@Cmhorka desperately need another review (apart from Jeremy See!). Also, how is the warranty/service in USA? I'm in Washington State now and I don't think there are any service centers throughout America for Medeli!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm in Canada, and bought an ASM Hydrasynth last year. (Medeli owns ASM) ... I hear what you're saying about warranty centers, but usually that sort of thing is handled by the distributors these days.

Even Roland directed me to their distributor once for a hardware upgrade.

So whomever is selling it to you is most likely getting it from the American Distributor. Unless you are buying some cross border grey market gear your warranty should be covered.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Received the Medeli AKX10 yesterday for Alto Music out of NY.
Found another AKX10 seller, keyboard in stock, Chuck Levins, Weaton,Md

Reaction score
They also have it at zZounds. I just placed an order for one last night and it should be here on the 27th.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--MEDAKX10

I might be ordering one this weekend from zzounds, how has it treated you? Any issues to speak of? Others have said theirs would lock up at times, forcing a reboot. It happened enough to cause a return to the store.

I'm a korg guy, have been since the m1. But $ is tight, and I dont want to wait 4 months for the pa1000 to be in stock, or hand over $2,400 either.

This at its price seems like a no brainer, but if its problematic, I'll look elsewhere.

Question: can you change drums/bass and left hand sound for fills?

*And how was your zzounds experience? I used them to get the x50 and m50 a decade ago, no issues. But the web is littered with negative reviews on them since covid hit.

Thanks for reading

S

Scott Murrell

If you Google the AKX10 I think you’ll find several dealers and as mentioned, their warranty work will be handled at the distributor level like most manufacturers. Theirs is in California.
So far mine has exceeded my expectations and concerns have been either put on a “plan to” list or found in the manual that for me isn’t that good.

Reaction score
Yes, I see they have the AKX10 at a few of the discount music stores - except the 3 biggest (Sweetwater / Muscians Friend / Guitar Center) - but that's a start. As far as warranty work? I doubt any repair person in the US would touch the board - it would have to be sent to it's original manufacturer (Hong Kong maybe?).

Ask a Question