New Roland Fantom

Reaction score
New Roland Fantom 6, 7 and 8

The 8 apparently has the same keybed as the RD2000, with aftertouch, semi-weighted for the 6 & 7.
Roland's answer to the Korg Kronos ?

Reaction score
It looks extremely capable, but it's not my cup of tea, I'm not into workstations, really, as I have found out. I'm more a piano guy, but this new board is certainly impressive. Think we might finally have some real competition for the Kronos...

Reaction score
You know secretly that you want one!

:eek:

Lol...
Nope, don't want one, not buying any form of workstation anymore...
Except for the Kross 2 88, which I love. By the way, have you seen my post on the new Kross 2 88 MB ? Any info on the new sounds being downloadable (sorry for hijacking this thread, back on topic !) ?

Reaction score
Just purchased a Fantom 8. I am still figuring it out. Very much a beginner. I have been taking formal piano lessons for a year. I had a Fantom X8 that I would play around on. When I started taking things more seriously, I replaced it with an RD2000. I liked the feel of the RD2000. It is way more capable of what I am able to do with it, and with hook ups to Logic X, just about any features I wanted. I did miss the goofing around attractiveness of the Fantom though. I traded in my mint condition RD2000 for a Fantom 8 this week. Loving it. Lots to learn with this one.

Ask a Question