New Roland pianos

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually they've released a whole bunch of new products according to this page.

One item that caught my eye was a new wireless MIDI adapter.

A few drum modules and a new groove box.

and of course a buttload of new pianos but no new synths.

Either way I might happily pick up a used module 3 years from now when they hit the used market.

I'm totally done with buying the latest and greatest :p

Shouldn't Winter NAMM be happening right about now?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Winter NAMM would have been great but COVID kicked the crap out of that and CES.
Oh well
So now Roland has the Fp90x. I wonder what the difference is between the original FP90 and the x version?
It didn’t Jump out at me when I was looking at it.

Reaction score
The updates do not look very extensive, more a model refresh.

Still Supernatural Sounds, still no MIDI in/out sockets until the 90X and the actions still look to be the same version as prior models.

Certainly at the FP30X level the keyboard feel of the FP30 was the one with the best feel to me but the Yamaha piano sounds of the P125 were superior, subjective yes but that is what I found.

Reaction score
In my view their best piano is the V-Piano. I think it was introduced 12 years ago, I remember first hearing it, WOW, simply incredible however the entry fee was $6k and an 84 pound beast. The investment by Roland was years ago; to recoup their investment they should be expanding their keyboard line using that technology; hopefully the new line of keyboards are derivatives of the V Piano.

Reaction score
At some point I’d like to add another keyboard to my setup. I’ve been looking at the FP90 and Yamaha p515. I’d like the updated actions. Although I hear the Yamaha is very hard.

Ask a Question