New...some advice needed.

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase my first keyboard. I'm a drummer and I'm building up some equipment for a home studio. I was looking at the roland e-09 arranger. My budget tops out around $600. Wanted to find out what people here thought about it, and maybe any others I should be looking at in the price range. I appreciate any advice!!

Thanks!!

jon

Reaction score
Welcome to the keyboard forums jon. If this is your first keyboard then look for one that has a usb plug and midi capabilities, both will be appreciated in your studio down the road as a controller. All manufacturers offer keyboards in your price range, sorry I can't really recommend a specific model. Best thing is go to your music dealer and try some out.

Reaction score
Welcome to the keyboard forums jon. If this is your first keyboard then look for one that has a usb plug and midi capabilities, both will be appreciated in your studio down the road as a controller. All manufacturers offer keyboards in your price range, sorry I can't really recommend a specific model. Best thing is go to your music dealer and try some out.

Thanks for the advice. After looking around some more, I picked up a Yamaha MM6 on Saturday. It came with Cubase LE which will work fine for now, plus had midi + usb. It's going to work just fine for my needs.

Reaction score
I had a Yamaha MM6 for a week and I thought it really had some good samples. I sent mine back because I am use to 76 keys and missed the low E note, so I got an 88 key. Good buy... have fun!

Reaction score
thanks...already having fun! much more than i need for now being new to this, i'm a drummer, but it's great!

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. After looking around some more, I picked up a Yamaha MM6 on Saturday. It came with Cubase LE which will work fine for now, plus had midi + usb. It's going to work just fine for my needs.

Yep, that's the same 'beginner' setup I have! I bought mine in November.

One thing I'd really like to see in keyboards... volume knobs for the split and patterns. I don't know if this same problem happens in other keyboards but in mine a lot of times the drum patterns are too loud for my chords/melody. Or, the split is too soft. Whatever, I have to go into the Utility and reset them. That gets kind of annoying.

On the good side with the MM6 the attack, cutoff & resonance are easily accessible. No buttons & menus to edit.

I'm adding an Alesis Micron to my setup in a few weeks. hoping I can hook the MM6 into the Micron and get the radical effects!

Ask a Question