New speaker

Reaction score
So my band decides no more instruments in the PA in my classic rock cover band. I posted over in the "corner" and got some great advice on beefing up my speakers to handle the task of basically providing my own PA - like I always did in the old days anyway. Expensive advice, but good I'm certain.

So I think the concensus was a pair of the K10.2s, on a pair of the Yorkville SKS02B Mini Aluminum Adjustable Speaker Stands.

I bought the stands - one showed up the other is back ordered, and they are mini! Kind of like a mic stand for small speakers. Used one last night though, and it seems to be adequate. I was going to order the K10.2s, but at about $1400.00 US for a pair I choked!

What to do... Well, for some reason and with about instant buyers remorse I ordered a Behringher B112D for just $250.00 US. Within 15 minutes I about cancelled that order and placed an order for a pair of the K10.2s. Glad I didn't :)

Yesterday the stand and B112D showed up. When I pulled the Behringer out of the box I cringed. OMG, it looked like a cheap little plastic toy. Well, I put it on the stand and direct connected my VR-09 in, and, HOLY CRAP! This thing is very loud! Not the best tone but not the worst, not a lot of bass but the EQ on the back helps. Dang, I was impressed.

Then last night at rehearsal I set up the VR-09, my K12, the B112D, and went stereo thorough my Mackie Mix5, and couldn't believe how great it sounded. Those 2 speakers really work well together. I can't see where I'd ever need the K10.2s unless it was for wider dispersion.

That B112D is loud and clear even compared to my K12. I was about half volume and easily keeping up with the drums, guitar, and bass - and these guys play f-ing loud. My organ and synth leads sounded so good, sweet, loud and clear. Maybe the new VR-09 update helped too but dang it was sounding best ever last night.

I'll use the K12 and the B112D tomorrow at a wedding gig and see how it goes.

Just wanted to share - odnt

tw12s.JPG

Ask a Question