New Sticky in Keyboard Purchase Recommendations...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've started a new thread in the above forum called Video Keyboards and Gear Reviews.

Aimed at replacing the old "What keyboard should I purchase thread" I'd appreciate it if you made it sticky.

It's called "Video Keyboards and Gear Reviews."

This should prove easier to maintain than the old thread since the latest gear reviews can be posted as soon as they come out.

It can also be a place where you can list video reviews of your own personal favorites.

What do you think of this idea guys?

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to make a topic into a sticky, so I'll let Ian or Beckie handle that if they agree.

My only suggestion is that the topic should be retitled to "Video Reviews of Keyboards and Gear." Call me hopelessly literal-minded, but when I see "Video Keyboards" it makes me think of those pictures of keyboards in virtual instrument plugins and standalone soft synths where you play the notes by clicking on the keys with your mouse. :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I was iffy on the title myself but I just dashed it off during a brain fart.

I agree it should be more literal.

Becky or Ian can rename it a they see fit.

Gary ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great suggestion - I've stickied this now and changed the title :).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Ian.

Perhaps a bit of editing of the thread as per tha last couple of suggestions is also in order?

Gary ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Should be re-named already, unless I've missed something? :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check the last two postings by Biggles and myself.

Some superfluous postings need to be snipped i think

Gary ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah yes, I hadn't see those last 2 posts. I wonder if a "curated" first post (a bit like a book index) that links to follow-on posts directly would be the way to go? I wonder if there's a better way to structure this - let me have a think and see if there is a good addon for the forum software to accomplish this.

Reaction score
Ian

A Newbie to keyboards could find the forum a bit daunting, so maybe a new section ..... New to Keyboard playing then start here.

The first sticky could be the text I inserted in Gary’s gear review thread where I briefly explain the basic differences and models available

Ask a Question