New to forum

Reaction score
hello all from Canada
I'm an oldfart with. Yamaha psr540
I just installed a usb floppy drive emulator
I have no idea or can I find instructions on how to setup my Usb sticks to load midi and Yamaha styles files
I hear you can load 100s of files but it looks to me there must be some kind of format needed
Thanks in advance for any help out there

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Did you know that there's a forum dedicated to Yamaha arrangers, with lots of styles and software. You might get good answers from them.

psrtutorial.com

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hey Doug, back atcha from Mississauga...

Whereabouts in the great frozen North are ya?

As for the USB sticks? Your floppy emulator should have shipped with a disk or an URL where you could download a special formatting program for your computer.

Essentially you partition the stick so that it looks like a couple of hundred floppies to the drive.

What's the make and model of the drive? I'll try and scare up a formatting program for ya.

Gary ;)

Reaction score

As for the USB sticks? Your floppy emulator should have shipped with a disk or an URL where you could download a special formatting program for your computer.

Essentially you partition the stick so that it looks like a couple of hundred floppies to the drive.

What's the make and model of the drive? I'll try and scare up a formatting program for ya.

Gary ;)
I'm in Ottawa

Thanks for the reply
I'll get the name of it and get back to you
It did come with a mini cd with some pgms on it
So each partitions needs a name so you end up with say 100 1.4 mb floppies per stick

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yeah that's my basic understanding of how they work.

The formatter must be on the mini CD. You can probably also check their website for updates if any exist.

As for Ottaweird? My heart goes out to ya. I haven't had to wear a pair of snowboots here in Mississauga since New Year's Day. :)

Then again I survived 40 Montreal Winters so I know what slush and ice rain and snow feel like :p

Too bad you're not in the GTA. We could've gotten together for a jam session. :(

All the best :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It's a
BQLZR Black 5V 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk
And yea we have had lots of snow

The formatter must be on the mini CD. You can probably also check their website for updates if any exist.

As for Ottaweird? My heart goes out to ya. I haven't had to wear a pair of snowboots here in Mississauga since New Year's Day. :)

Then again I survived 40 Montreal Winters so I know what slush and ice rain and snow feel like :p

Too bad you're not in the GTA. We could've gotten together for a jam session. :(

Gary ;)
Hehe its a

Gary ;)

It's a

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I can't find the manufacturer's website on Google. Take a look at any readme files on the disk or in the documentation to see if there are any links.

Otherwise you'll simply have to rely on the software on the disk and pray that it doesn't get broken by a future Windoze update.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question