New to Keyboards, MIDI question

Reaction score
Hi all, just like to say hello. I am a beginner, only been playing about 5 months. I had a Casio keyboard someone gave me and I got hooked on playing it so much that I bought a Yamaha PSR s550b keyboard and it is so much better. I was wondering if I could load mp3 files on a flash drive and install them in my keyboard to play along with? I looked in the manual and it didn`t say anything about mp3`s, just MDB files and MIDI files. Also can I convert MP3`s to MIDI? I don`t really understand this. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Rob

Reaction score
Hi Vaportrail!

To be honest, I very much doubt that you can convert mp3 to MIDI without some really advanced programs and stuff, since audio is "just sound", so to speak, while MIDI is only 1s and 0s. So converting from audio to MIDI would be very similar to "converting" from Audio to a sheetpaper... Which I doubt any program can do.

However, I found a website where you can download a lot of different MIDI songs, just Google it, and hopefully you'll find your song :)

Reaction score
Hi Sargas, thanks for the info. I am going to go to Google and do some searching.MIDI just don`t sound as good as MP3 to me,but I guess I don`t have a choice. This is all new to me, I got alot to learn.

Ask a Question