New to Keyboards

Reaction score
I'm another "Oldie". Originally from Scotland, I now live in Canada.

For the oast 15 years, I've played my guitar at nursing homes and retirement homes. Although I've never attempted to play a piano, I've just purchased a Yamaha PSR ew410 keyboard.

Initially, I've been learning and using chords from some YouTube instructors. Getting both hands on the keyboard at the time is a struggle, but one day I'll get it.

I'm looking forward to getting some tips and guidance from forum members as I embark on this learning journey.

Ian

Reaction score
Thanks, yes Waverly it is. My house backed onto the Clyde and I saw her often and spent many days on her decks.

Ian

Reaction score
In case you folks are wondering and to save you Googling, the PS Waverley is the last sea going steam powered paddle steamer.

She operated on the River Clyde in Scotland for many years but sadly suffered mechanical problems in 2018.

Her funnel colour scheme is very distinctive to steam-heads.

034822C4-5367-467B-91AF-F8D2F3D33DA8.jpeg

Reaction score
Very perceptive Biggles . . I am impressed!
There would be a Biggles novel cover for this kind of knowhow I am sure! :)

Many thanks for the kind comments.

Not really perceptive just 20 years of operating steam raising equipment of many times, and a boss for 10 years who was an ex Marine Chief Engineer and had steam instead of blood in his veins.

So I had no choice, I am a steamhead.

PS
It also helped in that my mate made a documentary movie on the PS Waverley.

Ask a Question