New to the site

Reaction score
Hello l am new to this site, its been 35 since l last had a keyboard now l am retired l have a little free time thats if the wife does not keep finding me things to do lol

I have just bought a PSR s970 had it just over a week and yes its going ok

regards to all
allan

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Allan. Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to hearing some of your music.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome Allan.
What kind of music do you play?
Ray:)
Hi Ray well to be honest l am stuck in the 60s but l do like a loot of other stuff to Beatles for me are very special l saw them live in the 60s and its as thought l can still see and hear them. I do play guitar and just bought a new PRS CE USA 24 and love it. thanks all the best allan

Reaction score
Oh just wanted to add the last keyboard l bought was the first Roland JUNO 1 and then the first sampler S10 l think but wow how things have changed OMG

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, Allan!

I think you'll enjoy your new PSR-S970.

Are you planning to use it as is, or are you thinking of expanding its voices and styles with some expansion packs?

There are usually a few expansion packs that are free to download and install, but sometimes a given pack will be free for a limited time. It can be a good idea to grab any free packs while they're free, even if you're not particularly interested in them at the time, just in case you develop an interest in them later but they're no longer free!

Also, occasionally a pack will be free on one Yamaha site (such as their European site), but not on another (such as their USA site), so it can be a good idea to visit their various sites every once in a while to see if anything new has been made available for free.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/mus...r_workstations/psr-s970/vse.html#product-tabs

Reaction score
thanks so much for the info l did already get one pack may l ask you a question, is it right l can only install one pack onto the 970 but l can use the pack manager to make a new pack up selecting items from within the machine ?? sorry l am a bit slow l am 70 and things don't sink it that quick these days lol
regards
allan
Stoke on Trent UK

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've never had a Yamaha model that can load expansion packs, so I'm not absolutely certain-- but I believe that sounds correct. And if I'm not mistaken, you can also use the Yamaha Expansion Manager to create your own custom voices from sound samples if you feel up to that sort of thing.

Reaction score
I am more than happy to take one step at a time I have no interest in going out to play only for friends and family l just love to be able to get a tune out any of the instruments l have owned. music is for me a way of relaxing these days l just look in my song list for the guitar and follow the chords and add the melody by working it out in my little brain lol. the main reason l bought the keyboard is because l am not able to go into my workshop during the winter months as l have a back problem which is effected by the cold, during the summer months l make full sized carved rocking horses
25023822658_350a73583f_o.jpg
1[/url] by Allan Sharman, on Flickr[/IMG]

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You can upload a jpg or gif file directly to a message using the upload a file link and inserting the image into your message with the insert button.

Or...

You could link to a photo on another site by using the HTML tags surrounding the URL of the image.

If you simply want to post a link to a web page you can always simply copy and paste the full link into the message as normal.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You can upload a jpg or gif file directly to a message using the upload a file link and inserting the image into your message with the insert button.

Or...

You could link to a photo on another site by using the HTML tags surrounding the URL of the image.

If you simply want to post a link to a web page you can always simply copy and paste the full link into the message as normal.

Gary ;)
hi Gary just tried this its one of my rocking horse l make

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 372
Reaction score
I've never had a Yamaha model that can load expansion packs, so I'm not absolutely certain-- but I believe that sounds correct. And if I'm not mistaken, you can also use the Yamaha Expansion Manager to create your own custom voices from sound samples if you feel up to that sort of thing.
think l have sorted it how to up load a file this is my PRS

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 362

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Love your horse Allan.
Nice work indeed. Sad that your back prevents you making those now.

Well at least making music is a high priority in life.

Love music, love life, Ray;)

Reaction score
hi Gary just tried this its one of my rocking horse l make
thanks for the remark about the rocking horse l make one or two during the summer months the wife as asked me to make a reindeer this and you can bet your life my daughter in law will one to lol

ok have a good day/night/morning sorry no idea where you are

allan

Ask a Question