New Yamaha PSR-E373 poor audio

Reaction score
Hi to all here at keyboard forums.
as the title I have just purchased the Yamaha PSR-E373 But really not happy with the built in speakers.
They sound so boomy even on low level.

I Then tried my headphones which are usually very good with audio.
these are Sound Magic E10C obviously needed a 6.3 adaptor which I got from amazon.
But the sound through the headphones is very poor no stereo separation.
Just a very poor sound.

My question is would there be an improvement on the sound if I put the keyboard through my Denon amp with q audio speakers.
Or is it a case of garbage in garbage out coming from the Yamaha keyboard thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Minimal investment will provide you the answer. Purchase a 1/4" TRS male to RCA breakout cable or adapter.

Connect to your denon amp and listen; if it sounds like crap it's your PSR-373 providing the garbage. If it sounds pretty good then it is the Sound Magic as the issue. The built in speakers are crap, there is no inexpensive way around that other than upgrading those speakers which means tearing your keyboard apart to do it. Spend $10 on the adapter do the test and you'll have your answer. It is a $250 keyboard, so I wouldn't expect it to sound very good regardless of the output system you are listening through.

Reaction score
Minimal investment will provide you the answer. Purchase a 1/4" TRS male to RCA breakout cable or adapter.

Connect to your denon amp and listen; if it sounds like crap it's your PSR-373 providing the garbage. If it sounds pretty good then it is the Sound Magic as the issue. The built in speakers are crap, there is no inexpensive way around that other than upgrading those speakers which means tearing your keyboard apart to do it. Spend $10 on the adapter do the test and you'll have your answer. It is a $250 keyboard, so I wouldn't expect it to sound very good regardless of the output system you are listening through.
thanks for your reply Delaware Dave I wasn't expecting much from the speakers but these speakers are just utterly very poor from Yamaha. I Will give the recommended Stereo-Breakout-Cable a try thanks again.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Hard answer, send it back and up your budget and buy a far better quality keyboard.

The 373 is really the lowest entry level arranger keyboard and has onboard functions to suit its price.

I bought an earlier model because I wanted a cheap keyboard to use to make a transition from Guitar and Bass to a Keyboard, the sounds suck, the keybed suck, the menu system is worst than sucks, it did not last long before it was sold on and I bought a superior model.

Do you get the idea that it is not a good keyboard?

The next model the 463 is by far better but still well below the far more suitable SX700 or the Korg Pa700 models either of which will

Do yourself a massive favour, spend $1500 or so on a quality arranger. Alternatively if arranger functions are not important then a Korg Kross 2 or Roland Juno DS will give you far better imo instrument sounds..

Reaction score
Purchased some Behringer headphones and the sound is fine now.
also wired up the keyboard with my Denon amp and speakers and the keyboard sounds a lot better.
Obviously the 2.5 watt speakers built in are not for daily listening.

Reaction score
Hi to all here at keyboard forums.
as the title I have just purchased the Yamaha PSR-E373 But really not happy with the built in speakers.
They sound so boomy even on low level.

I Then tried my headphones which are usually very good with audio.
these are Sound Magic E10C obviously needed a 6.3 adaptor which I got from amazon.
But the sound through the headphones is very poor no stereo separation.
Just a very poor sound.

My question is would there be an improvement on the sound if I put the keyboard through my Denon amp with q audio speakers.
Or is it a case of garbage in garbage out coming from the Yamaha keyboard thanks for your help.
I am in 100% agreement.....and I am always the one who turns down the volume if music is too loud. They are awful and the reason I'm going to buy a new/upgraded keyboard is due to this poor sound quality and volume

Reaction score
thanks for your reply Delaware Dave I wasn't expecting much from the speakers but these speakers are just utterly very poor from Yamaha. I Will give the recommended Stereo-Breakout-Cable a try thanks again.
I'm buying a new keyboard now b/c of how irritated im also with re low volume

Ask a Question