newb wants to buy keyboard

Reaction score
hello,
i would like to buy a keyboard but I'm totally new to this world so i would like some advice.
The main features i would like it to have is that i would be able to create sounds(by combining several existing sounds from the keyboard) or record them from outside and introduce them in the keyboard to be able to work with them. I would like to be able to record several layers of music.
I've been told in a music store that the best thing for me would be to get a plain keyboard which can be connected to a box (can't remember the name) that converts the analog signal into digital. That box is in turn connected to a computer and then some software will allow me to do all the things i want.
what do you think it would be the best option? perhaps there is something in the middle. a keyboard which has features flexible enough to fulfill my needs, perhaps a keyboard with an usb output?
My budget would be maximum 500 euros. Thankyou.

Ask a Question