Newbe Korg user

Reaction score
Hi Just wanted to say Hello and ask my first question I have a Korg i3 old but a very good unit, the floppy has given up the ghost and I have replaced it with a Gotek USB emulator. The new drive formats and partitions the USB stick ok and the connections and jumper are in the correct place however, the keyboard does not see the disks with an error saying "no disk in the drive". I have searched the Web for a solution but as the keyboard is 20-year old I am not having a lot of luck has anyone come up against the same issue in the past? I suspect that there may be a problem with the floppy interface board, but without spending more money on spare parts I cannot be sure.
Regards
John

Reaction score
Welcome.

I did find a similar problem that someone posted on the Korg Forum a few years ago.

This is their response, nt sure if it helps.
Hi all I have the emulator working... with one small exception . I have only 1 got of 3 virtual floppies working but that still leave me with 30 virtual floppies on 1 memory stick Smile

SFRM72-TU100K USB Floppy Drive Emulator

make sure you have the jumpers on
MO+JA

Ask a Question