Newbie Needs Help

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone can help me here,

Im looking for a keyboard with the following criteria

Hammer action keys
Lots of high quality voices
Compatability with a rack synth (basically MIDI in/out)
Under £350

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Lots of high quality voices = lots of $
Under 350 euros = shitty keyboard

Casio privia series might fit your bill in terms of action, midi in/out, and close to budget... high quality voices are non-existent though (I think).

M-audio prokeys 88sx is cheaper, action is semi-weighted (pretty light), sounds are only ok, midi in/out.

If you want good sounds you need to spend money.

Reaction score
I don't think you'll be getting many high quality voices for that much, as PianoMan says. If you've got a rack, concentrate on getting something with an action you like would be my advice.

88sx is a good choice (only MIDI out, but I guess that won't be a problem), but shop around, you may be able to get something more.

Reaction score
Ive been looking at getting a second hand yamaha MM8 - it uses the Motif sound engine, i believe. Or, alternatively, a yamaha dgx 630 portable grand. any thoughts?

Reaction score
the lowest ive seen a dgx 630 new is £420, so i think i could get it used for about my budget. If not, the dgx 620 is almost exactly the same, and I can definitely get it for under my budget.

Ask a Question