Newbie, recomendations

Reaction score
Hey there, I used to took keboard lessons a while ago and now I want to come back, but now with the internet and all this technology I am consider to buy a dvd, can you recomend me a dvd piano lessons for begginer? or maybe a good books?

I am considering to buy these ebboks and the cd rom, does any body here had bougth this product? .pianoforall.com

Comments are welcome

Reaction score
Books: "How to Play Popular Piano In 10 Easy Lessons" by Norman Monath, and "Play Piano in a Flash" by Scott Houston.

After reading the 2nd one through, and only part of the first one (which covered the chord patterns not covered in the 2nd), I was able to play some favorite songs by ear (by chord-name alone) on my first try, using both hands. They teach you the extremely simple geometric patterns of ALL chords, no matter what note they are or how complex they are (e.g.. G dim7, Eb 7sus, Ab m6, C7 / Bb, etc.). Easily memorizable patterns that repeat across the whole keyboard.

Read what they say, put your hands where they tell you. You won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, so now you know how to play by ear!! great!!!
My native language is not english, but I will tray the books any DVD recomendation?
what about the site I menyioned? any comment?

Regards

Reaction score
Sorry, no. I don't know of any DVD's to recommend. Though others might.

And no, I didn't click on that link. Too often people start threads in forums just to trick others to go to their own sites to increase traffic or increase sales. Until I have to absolutely go to a site for my own reasons, I don't click on external links unless I know beforehand that they are not commercial business sites. That's just my own personal way of doing things.

No offense intended.

Reaction score
- try to watch on this video. I learn the chords of keyboard by this video. I didn't memorize the chords I just follow this formula.

Reaction score
Hey thanks for comments, no the link is not mine it was just for get an advise, I got the web course already, I have 3 weeks and I am learning rythems and chords.
So I must to understand that if the song has for example 3 chords only C, G anf F let says for the left hand, I have to consider that that song is the same in the rigth hand but with different rythem or tempo, but the song is in the 3 chords also?

Comments are welcome.

Regards

Ask a Question