No A or D# on Yamaha DGX 205

Reaction score
Hi all - both A and D# were fine one day and the next day stopped making any sound in any octave on my Yamaha DGX-205. Based on advice elsewhere I’ve opened it up and cleaned the rubber pads along the keys and the contacts with alcohol wipes and q tips. Any tips? Are these getting grouped together by octave somewhere else in the system that may have come undone? Thank you for any suggestions!

Edited to add - I also tried to take a peek at the maintenance manual that shows up on elektrotanya but it’s a bit beyond me https://elektrotanya.com/cgi-bin/do...fj5629o&fid=224603&file=yamaha_dgx-205_sm.pdf

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holy moly, folks! Gave it one more pass wiping the contacts on the circuit for those keys…and it is fixed! Thanks to all in this forum - tips here are a big part of how I figured it out.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it has happened again! Same keys not making sounds. I’m going to open up and clean again but I’m wondering if something else might be going on since it’s the same keys having problems at a different time - any thoughts for a fix?

Ask a Question