No signal on AUX OUT

Reaction score
I have the Thomann SP-5600, that's a private-labelled variant of the SP-4200, supposedly having the exact same features. Anywho...

I get no signal from AUX OUT.

Is there a setting to activate this? The manual doesn't mention any.

Is the output mono or stereo? I assumed a stereo plug as that's what I had available.

Is it controlled by the volume knob? I tried different levels.

I used the same cable with another (stereo) device as input to the amplifier, and it worked fine.

The manual has a "typo" regarding this, as the picture points to AUX IN, but the manual for the SP-4200 shows it correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Welcome

The output socket is probably a TRS so do ensure you use the correct adaptor.

It maybe a TRSS but a call to Thomann Tech Support should give you an answer.

You could try restoring to the default settings M1 & Store held down whilst powering on.

If all else fails perform a factory reset, Yes & No held down then power on.

There is another reset process

Reaction score
The manual talks about unbalanced vs balanced connectors but actually doesn't say which type to use. Thanks Thomann :).

Then there are mentioned TS and TRS mono plugs, which implies AUX OUT is mono (which would be a bit limited), but is again not clear on TS vs TRS.

I'll contact a representative, as there's no point guessing, and I'll try the reset options.

Thanks for the advice.

Reaction score
By the way, the product specs talk about AUX OUT and AUX IN being stereo, which makes the info in the manual completely wrong. Oh well...

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Going by the manual (and ignoring the obvious "typos" in the illustrations for AUX IN and AUX OUT), you need a 1/4" TRS stereo cable.

Do you have headphones plugged into the PHONES 2 jack? That will cut the sound going to the speakers, which might also cut the sound going to the AUX OUT jack.

Reaction score
Oddly they made another "typo" in the updated manual (changed the names but not the positions). Also, they had removed all copyrighted songs (e.g. Hej Jude and The Sounds of Silence) from the manual and the keyboard. Oops!

Good to get that confirmed, and it's possible to see that the plugs are stereo.

No headphones connected, and I have sound from the speakers.

I'll make a cable with 1/4", so I don't need the converter. Hopefully helps.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thomann advised me to get specifically this cable that seems technically identical to what I already have, but we'll see.

Ask a Question