No sound on my Kurzweil SP3 after it heats up.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My Kurzweil lately has been not making any sound after it's been on a while. Everything lights up, but there's just no sound. I can shut it down for about 15 minutes and it will work again, just until it gets warm, then I lose all sounds again. I did a concert over the weekend and just before the sound went out, the sustaining pedal stopped working. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it wouldn't release, then all of the sounds stopped. Has anyone ever experienced this or have any idea what it could be. I have another concert coming up and I hope that I can use it. Thanks in advance for your help.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It needs to be serviced by a qualified tech. Possibly a power transistor in the power supply or driver circuitry is overheating and needs to be replaced.

This is not a simple DIY fix for most people.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, I was thinking the same thing about a technician. My husband thinks it could be a thermocoupler or maybe the fan.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My Kurzweil PC3K8 has no fan. It's possible a design as old as an SP3 might have one but I doubt it.

Like I said, my guess is the power supply overheating and going into thermal cutoff.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question