No sound through ferrofish

Reaction score
I have a Roland ea7. I just got the ferrofish took it to gig sounded great 1st song then..nothing..????
most likely something you did on the roland as opposed to the Fish. I'm sure you checked obvious stuff like audio cables, yada yada. Assuming the obvious works check communication like the midi cable going bad, correct midi channel transmission and reception on the Fish, etc.

Also, do a factory reset of the Fish and the Roland and try again

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Make sure the Roland is on the same MIDI channel as the Ferrofish.

Also check your MIDI settings to make sure they are set to output on the MIDI ports.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
if the MIDI channels/ports weren't right to begin with, it wouldn't have worked on the first song...

Musicgator, can you reproduce the problem at home? (That is, hook it up the same way, play the first song, does it work? If so, then make whatever changes you would make to play the second song, and see if it works for the second song...)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It’s always possible that a patch or setup change occurred with unknown consequences. Maybe it happened because of a layered sound?

It’s simple enough to check before a full reset.

Gary. ;)

Ask a Question