Non-playing key repair on Roland E-100

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping I could find some help with my wife´s Roland E-100. If this is beyond the scope here please let me know.

After a recent move, the keyboard sat unused (and unfortunately uncovered) for a year, and after plugging it in, we found two black keys non-functional.

I read up and watched help videos on the subject and opened the keyboard up to clean the board. After a thorough cleaning, one of the keys now plays perfectly but the other still doesn´t register at all. Attached is a picture of the board beneath the non-functioning key. The one that isn´t working is #3 up from the bottom, just above the discoloration (assuming from a spill).

I´m thinking I should probably put a drop of solder down on top of where it looks like it´s been worn away above the contact, but hoping maybe someone´s done something similar and could tell me if I´m barking up the right tree. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_20160326_234337.jpg
    IMG_20160326_234337.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 373

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Ask a Question