Noob with a faulty Juno Stage something for prospective buyers

Reaction score
Hello all

I just got it yesterday 19 Nov and the F natural above middle C plays louder than the other keys. Or it did before I phoned my vendor. It was a noticable louder key that when you played it as quiet/gentle/gentley as the rest, it gave you the loud sample at a quieter level so it was still distincly noticeable due to the resonance that comes from a loud piano sample.

I did a factory reset= Nothing.

I moved the octave shift so the offending F key would be playing a lower sampled note and still the same thing. It felt like a cheapo midi issue that you would get with a controller hooked up to a slow pc, just unatural, or some would say too natural compared with the synth action resistance of the other keys and their actions. Its like that one resonant key thats really easy to play that bellows through your old upright piano, in comparrison with the naturally dampened sound of the rest.

So any way the octave shift.

It does it with every F sample on the board. Played on that one F key above middle C octave shifted down or up.

It noticeably did it on the synth sounds aswell. All other keys sounded naturally dampened and compressed in comparrisson with each other. Not a good thing I might add I was hearing a bit of distortion on some of the electric piano, It was through my headphones aswell which are ok.

So thats when I phoned the vendor, who is getting back to me tomoz to either give me my money back or let me know when they are getting more Juno's in. The Stage kind lol.
Phone convo done

I then decided to experiment a little more and after seeing a slight minnescule, tiny, tiny, I mean get your magnifying glass out missalignment of the key. It was a bit raised at the back corner next to the E, I gave it a little shoogle.

It doesnt do it as bad on the other banks' patches now. Having played it to someone else they could not notice the other patches being affected anymore but if I was nitpicking I still could, only slightly. The deeper in to the banks you go, chances are, less samples per key, fine example being the synths. They could however notice it on the piano.

Half an hour has past and a 5 note hannonesque excercise has been played from c-g and the f note still rings out. The chord of Dm has that f ringing out when played. I compared it to C major and the e in the middle of that sandwich sounded fine. These were all octave shifted with my hands remaining above middle c

I then noticed that the d and the e above middle c where starting to show signs of the f's flaws. So more octave shifts where done, plenty of piano banks tested plenty of samples at different frequencys have been played and the same reult.

Will let you know of my outcome once the vendor gets back to me. I am actually sending the synth back with less of a problem then when I phoned. ie it did it with every patch but now it only does it with the piano's I really hope it doesn't magically start working in the morning for it to happen again after my 30 day money back thingy.

Ask a Question