Nord keyboard

Reaction score
Things was going well for a couple of months learning how to play, then from september it went drastically wrong, A short illness and working away all the time till around April. Not getting time to practice and missing lessons, at least my teacher understands the predicament i'm in.
Anyhow just to give i really hard kick up the jacksy i'm setting a target, if i succeed my better half is going to buy me this

Reaction score
I feel for you, working away from home is hard enough never mind being ill.

What a golden pot at the end of the rainbow awaits you.

As it happens I have been in both Dawsons and PMT in Manchester today and longingly rattled the keys enviously of a few Nords.

Go for it.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your recent illness, I hope you're fully recovered now.

Anyhow just to give i really hard kick up the jacksy i'm setting a target, if i succeed my better half is going to buy me this

That's certainly a good incentive! :D

Reaction score
Illness wont go away, i have renal decease ... But hey thats life!

Target is to be able to play Children by Robert Miles competently before christmas, its a big ask but its a big prize
And i'm not even through half way through book 1 yet lol

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Pomster'
You got me curious . . 'Children by robert miles' . . Never heard of it so I got it on youtube. That is a tricky one to play. You need nimble fingers for that. If you master that quickly you will be elated I am sure.
Sorry to hear about illness. Best of luck for quick rebound.
Cheers ray

Reaction score
Hi Pomster'
You got me curious . . 'Children by robert miles' . . Never heard of it so I got it on youtube. That is a tricky one to play. You need nimble fingers for that. If you master that quickly you will be elated I am sure.
Sorry to hear about illness. Best of luck for quick rebound.
Cheers ray

I think it's a beautiful piece of music. I understand how to read the music just need to get the fingers working lol

Reaction score
Good Luck.

Remember the late great Eric Morecambe’s comment to Andy Preview ...... all the right notes, not necessarily in the right order.

By the way ..... what Book 1?

Reaction score
Good Luck.

Remember the late great Eric Morecambe’s comment to Andy Preview ...... all the right notes, not necessarily in the right order.

By the way ..... what Book 1?

My teacher uses this Michael Arron piano course grade 1 and technic grade 1, i'm half way through both books. Started in July but had a few setbacks as i mentioned, when i started i was also using Hannon to help get my fingers working. The pinkie and ring fingers was useless

Reaction score
So lets see if I have got this right.

You started learning in July 2017

You are halfway through the first course book and the Tec G1

You want to learn the song by Christmas.

Sir, I take my hat off too you.

Reaction score
So lets see if I have got this right.

You started learning in July 2017

You are halfway through the first course book and the Tec G1

You want to learn the song by Christmas.

Sir, I take my hat off too you.

"Impossible task i know" but its a target to aim for, if we dont set ourselves goals then what do we achieve? lol

Reaction score
Not impossible, just a steep slope.

You could have selected Flight if the Bumble Bee instead to make it really hard.

Btw I use a finger exercise device known as Gripmaster, bought off Amazon it has four individual spring loaded pads that I press individually. Primarily I use it to strengthen my fingers and to aid in their dexteritory for my guitar playing but a Gripmaster may also help you.

Confident you can achieve your goal and we all look forward to hearing the results (added pressure there then).

Reaction score
Not impossible, just a steep slope.

You could have selected Flight if the Bumble Bee instead to make it really hard.

Btw I use a finger exercise device known as Gripmaster, bought off Amazon it has four individual spring loaded pads that I press individually. Primarily I use it to strengthen my fingers and to aid in their dexteritory for my guitar playing but a Gripmaster may also help you.

Confident you can achieve your goal and we all look forward to hearing the results (added pressure there then).

I know the one, i purchased a few of the gripmasters (i seem to break them regular) I use them everyday all the time, always keep one in my van when i'm driving up an down the UK, in hotels or just relaxing at home etc. They have improved my finger strength and dexterity no end.

Quick question?

I'm right handed and i have the coordination of a brick usually yet my teacher says that my left hand is far better than my right would this be normal?

Reaction score
To help build up dexteritory of both hands you could always practice the following.

With fingers numbered one to five, play together 1 & 3, 2 & 4 then 3 & 5.

Play them up and down a few times with each hand.

When co-ordination gets better move the 1 up a step note and repeat, then move up and down the keyboard to practice.

Then start on a C do the up and down sequence then move up to start the next up and down sequence on an F, then back to a sequence on a C finishing off after playing the 1 & 3 coming down by moving the 1 & 3 one step left to play the last two notes, you then have played a rudementary opening riff of Van Morrisons Brown Eyed Girl.

When you get better still put on a drum beat backing track of about 90-100 bpm and jam.

Reaction score

I've never heard of these before, so I just took a look on Amazon... what a great idea! I have got very long fingers (in fact I have something called arachnodactyly) and people always assume I'd be very dextrous, but I'm not. My grip is weak and I struggle to move my fingers quickly. Trills on a keyboard/piano are something I've always struggled with. Going to order a Gripmaster now :D

Reaction score
I've never heard of these before, so I just took a look on Amazon... what a great idea! I have got very long fingers (in fact I have something called arachnodactyly) and people always assume I'd be very dextrous, but I'm not. My grip is weak and I struggle to move my fingers quickly. Trills on a keyboard/piano are something I've always struggled with. Going to order a Gripmaster now :D

I've x2 Rom rhf 05 you can get different poundages. I use them all the time, watching Tv, walking etc They cost around £8 but they're more on fleecebay. They've helped no end

By the way Becky, my body type is ectomorph so i too have long fingers

Reaction score
It arrived today! I went for the light one and it's just right. Ian has been laughing at how weak I am! :rolleyes::D

Reaction score
It arrived today! I went for the light one and it's just right. Ian has been laughing at how weak I am! :rolleyes::D

Just you wait Becky, with practice the day will come when you will pick up an apple and crush it with your hand.

Ian will not be laughing then!

Ask a Question