Nord queries!

Reaction score
Hey there everyone!

I'm Ed and I'm new to keyboardforums - please be kind...

I had a quick question about footswitches. I have just bought a Nord Electro 3 to replace my amazing, beautiful, massive Korg BX-3 (old one 1979). I will miss playing the old beast but I cannot keep carrying this, my piano and a synth to every gig - hence the Nord, which is also amazing.

Back to the point...For leslie effects on my BX-3 I was using the Boss RT-20. Now, however, I won't need an external leslie simulator - what foot switch do people recommend for triggering rotary slow-fast?

Any feedback would be great.

Many thanks,

Ed

Reaction score
Hi Edders! I have a Nord Electro, and use a Korg PS-1 footswitch to control Leslie speed, and it works a charm. It's also yellow, so easy to see on stage in the dark when there's smoke everywhere :)

Reaction score
Hi Spherical,

Thanks for the reply! Does this pedal latch, i.e. if I stomp on it, will it trigger fast until I stomp on it again and it goes back to slow. Or is it push pedal down for fast, release pedal to go slow?

Thanks!

Reaction score
It's a momentary, non-latching pedal, intended for use as a sustain pedal. However the Nord Electro's Leslie speed mechanism is latching, so when you press the foot pedal the Leslie speed goes fast, then when you press it again it returns to slow. So you don't have to keep your foot on it. Does that make sense?

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense! Thanks very much for you help. You have some awesome equipment there dude, what kind of stuff do you play/in a band?

Reaction score
My pleasure Edders :)

I'm in a band called Sphere3, which plays a curious blend of instrumental progressive rock and jazz-fusion. How about you, what sort of stuff do you play? I'm guessing very organ-centric, looking at your gear :)

Ask a Question