Not a good friday the 13th.

Reaction score
My wife and I have been up since 6:30 yesterday morning. Around 5:30 or so we think, one of our cats got out and we haven't seen her since. We were prowling the neighbourhood at 3:30 this morning looking for her. We've been out several times today, put flyers with Cleo's picture on it but still to no avail.
IMG_1219.JPG
Hope none of you ever have to go through what we're going through right now. I don't want to mention it to my wife but we do have coyotes in the neighbourhood too.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I hope your cat shows up eventually, none the worse for her adventure. I had a male cat that I never neutered, and he would occasionally wander off for a day or two, which made me worried sick. He'd come home all beat up, so I'd have to take him to the vet. That isn't the same thing, especially if your female cat has been spayed, and if she isn't used to being outside then she's more naive about things. Anyway, I know how worried you are, and I hope she shows up soon and is okay.

Reaction score
Fingers crossed she returns home safely.

We were adopted by a male cat 18 months ago, he had been around the neighbourhood for a couple of years prior.

Late last year he did not return home, 600 flyers later still nothing then my Wife realized a group of 6 houses had been missed, so 6 more flyers posted, 2 hours later he was home, very hungry. He had been locked up for 3 days.

He must have been locked in a garden shed or garage, our flyer had stated he is very friendly and inquisitive.

We found out from the telephone calls that he visits quite a few properties within 1/4 mile of our home.

We also bought a passive tracker unit and for a couple of weeks we followed him with the tracker unit and have learned his routes.

Now that the days are warmer we are now just a feeding and sleep station, he goes out about 5 am and if his hunt has been successful we will not see him until tea time when its time for food a quick sleep and off on a nightime ramble again. He does this for a couple of days then crashes out on his favourite sofa for 15 hours.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Once we lost our cat. Our beautiful ginger persian. He went missing. It was a distressing time for us when he did not come home.
Day after day we went seaching and grieved. Eventually afer a few weeks of no moggy we were coming to tems with the fact that it was all over and we tried to move on.
About 6 weeks had passed us and out of the blue one day we heard him at the front door. We could not believe it. There he was alive. He was covered in black motor grease. His fir was caked with it. But at least he was home again.
Such elation. It was a thrilling time to have him back. It took many days to clean off the grease. We never knew where he had been.
So Jeremy, don't give up hope. Best wishes to you for a safe return.
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your cat Jeremy. Hopefully she'll turn up soon.

That being said, in my family we're dog people, not cat people.

The last time I owned a dog was twenty years ago though. It's simply too heartbreaking when their time comes and you have to put them down.

It's like losing a member of the family and I really don't ever want to experience that sort of heartbreak again. My kid brother has an adorable Yorkie though.

Ollie.jpg

Now I have to wonder about all the keyboard players who own cats?

It makes us rats nervous :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well I have to thank you all for your kind support. And Gary, you don't need to worry. Our cats prefer salmon to rat!

Now onto the almost good news. We haven't seen her yet but we put a litter box and some food and water down in the laundry room. We rent the top half of a bungalow but have access to the basement. The people who own the house live up in a town called Buckhorn. They bought a fabulous place on the water. They keep a bedroom down in one of the rooms in the basement so they have a place to stay when they come into the city on business or Andy has to rehearse with his Heart tribute band.
This morning, the litter had been used and some of the food had been eaten.
Cleo is obviously hiding downstairs somewhere. We figure she's very scared but hopefully she comes out and upstairs today.
I just hope she's alright.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your cat has gone missing, but that does sound promising about the food / litter tray. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hope she comes home soon :)

Reaction score
And finally the good news! Yes, she is save and sound with us once again. She WAS downstairs hiding. I think she was terrified because she was in a strange place. The weird thing is she's never ever been one to go anywhere.
We're just happy to have her back. There's no way she would have survived outside. The constant freezing rain, her being declawed and also just having no outside experience.

John Garside

JohnG
Reaction score
That's good news indeed.
Our "Tigger" went missing the first night we let him out and didn't come back for a while (neutered Tom),
something woke me at 4.00 a.m. and there he was sitting outside the back door, waiting to be let in.
Aren't we daft beggers getting so wound up about a little animal? But we do.
Glad she's back.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
She may have been hiding in the basement because she sensed that insane ice storm we had this weekend.

Animals are perceptive and smart enough to hunker down in that sort of weather.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. :)

Glad to hear she's back.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm glad it turned out well. Cats have an amazing ability to hide. My sister's cat was visiting us one time and she just disappeared. I was sure she was in the house, but I looked everywhere-- under every bed and piece of furniture, in every closet, etc.-- and she was not visible anywhere. I called her, but she never responded. My sister decided that she must have gotten outside, so we looked in the garage and around the yard, but again nothing. So we decided to just wait and see if she turned up on her own. A few hours later she came strolling into the den, so she had been in the house the whole time, taking a nap somewhere and totally ignoring me when I was calling her name. :)

Ask a Question