Not functioning

Reaction score
Hi,
I need an assistant on an issue occurs in my PSR e463.
I could turn on the keyboard. But its not functioning.. Any of the key is not functioning. I tried to reset the backup by holding the high most white key and turn on, but its not working as well.
Any ideas on this?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like you might need to take it to a certified Yamaha service technician.

You could try a full reset-- that is, clear the flash memory, then clear the backup. Clearing the flash memory will erase any files you've transferred into the keyboard's internal storage memory, so if there are fikes you need to save then you should transfer them to your computer for storage. And clearing the backup will erase any user songs you've recorded and any external styles you've registered (loaded)-- but if you've already tried clearing the backup, those have probably already been erased, anyway.

Other than that, make sure you haven't turned off the Local Control setting. Clearing the backup should turn the Local Control on again (if it was off), but you can check it anyway to be sure.

Reaction score
Are you getting anything on the keyboard to show that power is getting to it?

If not have the power supply plug checked to see if power is getting to the plug on the lead that connects into the keyboard.

If you are getting power there, the next step is a good sniff to see if there is any burnt plastic odours, if there is it is Technician time or time for a new keyboard.

Reaction score
Also - check volume perimeters to see if they haven't been set to "0" for some reason (stranger things have happened). Like Biggles mentions above - a faulty power adapter could be it too - that has happened to me before.

Reaction score
Further thoughts

Check that a headphone adaptor has not been left in its socket.

Check in the Function Menu that the speakers have not been disabled.

Ask a Question