Not really sure what I need

Reaction score
I'm looking for an entry level keyboard that I can use to practice piano as well as compose electronic music on. Practicing piano is what I need it for most, but I'd like to do a little musical experimentation on the side.

I'm hoping to spend around 200-300 USD. This will be my first keyboard so I don't want to put too much money into if I find that it isn't what I was hoping for.

Thanks.

Reaction score
If you're practicing piano, you're gonna want weighted keys (not want, require...). Seriously, non-weighted sucks... pianos are weighted action (acoustic ones) so the digital should be.

Cheapest digitals that are weighted would be the Yamaha P series (P-85, dunno all the models, but things like that), or the Casio Privia series. The casio series is about $500-$600 I believe... if you could find it used it might fit your budget, otherwise I'd look at spending more.

Ask a Question