Not turning on at all (battery & cord)

Reaction score
I have a LK 110. Its been in my family for years.
It has its time where it doesn't turn on, i never know why. But usually if i leave it on its own for a bit (a few hours to a few days) it works.
i wanted to play it but it doesnt turn on. I usually use batteries as i couldnt find my cord for a while (my brothers probably stole it for something else). Ive been using batteries for it for years. I thought maybe the batteries were flat... even tho i tested them and they were charge. I bought a brand new packet of batteries and i put them in and they didnt work.
I left it for about a month, every day or so switching it on to see if it worked. It isnt working still and its been about 3 months
Help??????

Reaction score
Welcome.

There comes a time when one has to say goodbye to a faithful friend.

Am I correct in assuming it is not the only keyboard you have, the testing it fir a month indicates to me that you have an alternative to play.

If Santa does not bring a new one then there is the January sales.

Reaction score
Welcome.

There comes a time when one has to say goodbye to a faithful friend.

Am I correct in assuming it is not the only keyboard you have, the testing it fir a month indicates to me that you have an alternative to play.

If Santa does not bring a new one then there is the January sales.
I do not have a second.

I have a guitar which ive been playing, but not a keyboard.

I dont want to let it go. I believe i can still fix it!! :(

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Someone on another forum had a similar sort of problem with a keyboard-- wouldn't power up, but if they left it "on" for a while (a few hours or longer) it would start working. The guy was something of an amateur repairman, and based on the fact that it would eventually work if left on long enough, he concluded (if I remember correctly) that there were one or more capacitors that needed to be replaced.

If you can't find the original power adapter, you can probably order a replacement online.

If you think you're up to trying to repair the keyboard yourself, you could look for a copy of the service manual. There's a service manual for the LK-120 at ElktroTanya.com, but I don't see one for the LK-110. Perhaps the one for the LK-120 might help to a certain extent?

Reaction score
Does it have a button cell in addition to the batteries?

In many keyboards with them they have problems once the button cell goes flat.

Ask a Question