Novation Impulse send sustain pedal on all channels?

Reaction score
I'm using a Novation Impulse 61 with split keyzones. Currently my sustain pedal, pitch bend and mod wheel are only transmitting on MIDI ch 1. I can change the channel with my "MIDI" button, but only to another single channel.

I'd like this MIDI data to be sent on all channels so my pedal works with my full keyzone split. Some type of global send. Any ideas?

Reaction score
That doesn't seem to do it unfortunately. I can only change those settings for faders, encoders, and mod wheel. When listening for a control to adjust, it doesn't hear sustain pedal or pitch bend.
Any other thoughts?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you connecting the Impulse to a computer or to another MIDI device? What software and/or other hardware are you controlling with the Impulse? I'm wondering if you can do anything on the receiving end or in between.

For instance, if you're connecting to other MIDI hardware, MIDI Solutions makes a MIDI event processor:
http://midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

You could also put it between the Impulse and a computer, but if you're connecting to a computer then there might be a software solution that doesn't require buying another piece of hardware (although the MIDI Solutions Event Processor would still be a nice bit of hardware to add to your arsenal).

Reaction score
I chatted with Novation. They said it isn't currently possible.

I'm connecting through an Alesis ioDock II to an iPad running SampleTank. I doubt SampleTank could do it. Perhaps there's another app that could though?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'll have to look at SampleTank on my iPad to see if it might be able to do anything.

A company named Audeonic Apps makes some iOS apps. Their MidiBridge and FreEWI apps look like they might help, but I haven't checked them out in detail to see if they can clone specified events across multiple channels.

http://www.audeonic.com

Ask a Question