Octave and a half out of tune or pitcha

Reaction score
I've been on a quest to figure out what to do for a few months now. I have a Yamaha DGX 305 and an octave in the bass side has sounded awful for awhile now. It has also progressively spread to a few more keys and is heading towards middle C. It started out only I could hear it, but now it is strongly out of tune with the guitartist. I have done a master reset many times. Sometimes it will temporarily help, but after a few songs it is out of tune in that octave again. It is set at 440. I have researched this into the ground and have found nothing, but "do a master reset" This is not remedying the problem. Anyone have any ideas or have you encountered this?

Reaction score
I've been on a quest to figure out what to do for a few months now. I have a Yamaha DGX 305 and an octave in the bass side has sounded awful for awhile now. It has also progressively spread to a few more keys and is heading towards middle C. It started out only I could hear it, but now it is strongly out of tune with the guitartist. I have done a master reset many times. Sometimes it will temporarily help, but after a few songs it is out of tune in that octave again. It is set at 440. I have researched this into the ground and have found nothing, but "do a master reset" This is not remedying the problem. Anyone have any ideas or have you encountered this?

Heard about this before ... it could be a broken underlay-contact pad in that octave. Was pointed to PSRTUTORIAL.COM under PSR3000 there is an article with pictures about it. Although a different model you never know it might help :)

Reaction score
I've searched all over this site and cannot seem to find article. Do you happen to have a link? I'm having a hard time finding anything concrete on how to change a contact pad, or even clean it. I'm a little afraid to just open it up and go for it without a little prior education. Anyone have any idea how to do this, or know of an article?

Reaction score
Try lain's directions and go into the forum there. Do a search for contact pads ecsee what you get. It could be as he says or a build up of dust etc and it just needs a good clean. Don't let any static get to the boards inside. And don't use a vacuum cleaner.

Ask a Question