"Oh, why didn't I think of looking for a keys forum before"

Reaction score
Hey all,
I registered recently, have just briefly looked in the forums.
I've been playing the keyboard since I was 4-5 (no, I'm not super pro). I've had 4 keyboards in my life. Currently I have my recently purchased (last fall) Roland Juno-Stage and a Yamaha DGX-305.
I play in a band, and have played with several hobby bands and in a musical school since I was 10-ish.
The genres of music I enjoy ranges from all kinds of metal to electronica, classical, jazz/blues and other things. Current band is progressive metal. I also play a lot of music on my own, and compose quite a bit.
My main motivation to joining you is technique and technical (software) assistance. With the Juno a new world opened up (last live keys I used was Yamaha MM6 with it's limitations and simplicity). The problem, I suppose, is the vastness of it. I bought it because of it, but haven't got around to learn everything yet.
I'll make a post in the apropriate forum regarding it ;)
Looking forward to share and learn from you guys!

-Pingu

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Pingu. Don't worry about the steep learning curve with the Roland. It took me over 4 years to figure out some of the features on my Korg TR and I'm still learning new things every day. It just takes time and persistence, but in the meantime as long as you can create the music you want to create with it you're ahead of the game already. The rest is just gravy :D

Gary

Reaction score
What Gary said.

Any keyboard or module is nothing more than a tool for you to explore and exploit. Almost any of the hundreds of 'instruments' made in the past fifteen or twenty years offers more capability than any of us can really use to the fullest. Like you, I began playing piano when I was 4, and at 62 I'm still learning - and I love it.

Go out and play a few different boards. Pick one and let us hear it lad. Life is good when it is embraced by music. ;)

Ask a Question