Old Korg (Trinity)

Reaction score
I've wondered a bit about some old Korg Models, like the Trinity. It's supposed to be a good synthesizer, and apparently it used a different system than its successor Triton. (ACCESS compared to HI-Synthesis)
How many here have tried/owned/own a Trinity, and how well is it in its use? What can you tell me about it? For me, who's a sucker for airy and atmospheric sounds, would it be something worth investing in?

Reaction score
I bought one a few months ago. It works brilliant, and the airy/atmospheric sounds are even better.

If you're into that kind of music you'll be getting a great keyboard for practically no money at all :)

Since i have a stage piano (Yamaha CP33) i use it for hammonds and string/pads

Reaction score
I've wondered a bit about some old Korg Models, like the Trinity. It's supposed to be a good synthesizer, and apparently it used a different system than its successor Triton. (ACCESS compared to HI-Synthesis)
How many here have tried/owned/own a Trinity, and how well is it in its use? What can you tell me about it? For me, who's a sucker for airy and atmospheric sounds, would it be something worth investing in?

I've used a Trinity and I actually think that in some ways it was superior to the Triton. And I believe Trinity already had MOSS integrated within. You have to order it for the Tritons. Only big advantage would be the Sampler.

Reaction score
I bought one a few months ago. It works brilliant, and the airy/atmospheric sounds are even better.

If you're into that kind of music you'll be getting a great keyboard for practically no money at all :)

Since i have a stage piano (Yamaha CP33) i use it for hammonds and string/pads

It has a good Hammond sound, I assume?

Reaction score
I had a Trinity for a few months last year, and for live it was not all i hoped it would be.
When switching patches it has a sort of a 1-2 sec empty space, and like most korgs cuts of the previous patch. The sounds were cool, most of them, not a big fan of korgs digital hammond emulations, so i disagree with few previous posts, the hamond sounds suck, big time (but it's just me, i'm all for clonewheel, or module, or real hamm with leslie and tube preamp and all.. sick in the head...). Leads, great, pads, great, piano, ok... Heavy as hell! The keys were great, very nice for playing! Moss for triton does not fit in trinity! I was warned, so i'm just warning on... :)

Reaction score
I have owned my Trinity V3 from new and would not give it up for anyone. I think it was one of Korgs best keyboards ever. I don't gig with it any more as it is on the heavy side so I use now use a Karma and the Trinity stays in my home studio. I did have a Triton for a while but the trinity is far better. The Trinity did have a bugg in the system to start with which gave the patch change a delay but this was sorted out with later o.s free from Korg. No onboard sampler or arp but as these are in most DAWs it doesn't seem to be a problem. Best effects section on any keyboard, 8 inserts 2 stereo masters ans master EQ. Great sounds includes Moss board with all the sounds from the Z1 and Prophecy.

KORG KEYBOARDS ARE FANTASTIC AND THE TRINITY WAS KING.

Reaction score
I have the original Trinity, bought it when they came out, gigged it hard ever since.

Its very tough, sounds great, I love it. Can't see myself ever getting rid of it. :) I use along with various soft synths on stage... you can hear it on all of our tunes www.myspace.com/temptingtragedy

cheers!

Ask a Question