On-fly MIDI filter

Reaction score
Hello! I have one problem. I want to play something on my Yamaha PSR keyboard using auto-accompaniment, but I want some VSTi synths to sound instead of PSR sounds. One bad thing - during playing back Styles Yamaha sends some Patch events, some SYSEX events and so on... that I don't need and at the same time such MIDI messages brings "rubbish" action to Connected VSTi.
What I need - is the on-fly MIDI software filter to filter MIDI events from PSR to the VSTi. But I can not find such software! Maybe you know something like that? Thank you!

Reaction score
Hello! I have one problem. I want to play something on my Yamaha PSR keyboard using auto-accompaniment, but I want some VSTi synths to sound instead of PSR sounds. One bad thing - during playing back Styles Yamaha sends some Patch events, some SYSEX events and so on... that I don't need and at the same time such MIDI messages brings "rubbish" action to Connected VSTi.
What I need - is the on-fly MIDI software filter to filter MIDI events from PSR to the VSTi. But I can not find such software! Maybe you know something like that? Thank you!
Midi solutions events processor should do the trick.

One Caution, the midisolutions box needs to be powered; if your keyboard doesn't supply MIDI power then you will also need a power box to power the events processor:

Here is an inaccurate list of keyboards reported not to supply midi power (read the entire page):

Reaction score
Thank you for idea, but I would prefer the software filter... But strange - I can not find such software to filter SYSEX... :(

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're using an iPad, you could look into Midiflow to see if it fits your needs.

Ask a Question