On my PC, when i open the USB, i have a STY files and MIDI files, and presets, but when i put USB in my PSR S700, i dont have any of those files

Reaction score
Ok, i need help:

I bought the Yamaha PSR S700 arranger keyboard, and i got USB from the owner, that usb have a 1GB.
When i open USB using my PC, there is a lot of presets, styles, rhythms, but problem starts when i plug USb in my PSR S700.
When i plug USB in my Yamaha, and open USB folder, there is no any of those presets, rhythms and styles.
Most of those files are in STY and MIDI format, but they just wont show in my arranger.
So, i ask you for help, please if someone know how to fix that, please help me.

Reaction score
Welcome.

I am definitely NOT a Yamaha User but typically for mist keyboards a USB stick needs to me Formatted within the keyboard.

Once formatted files will probably have to be located within a specific folder.

Some Yamaha’s also have a file number limit in the root directory.

Check your manual for specifics.

Reaction score
Welcome.

I am definitely NOT a Yamaha User but typically for mist keyboards a USB stick needs to me Formatted within the keyboard.

Once formatted files will probably have to be located within a specific folder.

Some Yamaha’s also have a file number limit in the root directory.

Check your manual for specifics.
I sloved it, but thanks again.
The problem was that if i press "user" button on my right side of keyboard, wich is button for selection user presets, the rhythms won't show on display, and reversed, same for the rhythms, if i press "user" button on my left side of keyboard, wich is button for chosing user rhythms from USB and keyboard memory, the presets won't show.
I spent like hour trying to solve that, it may sound stupid to you, but i am beginner at arranger keyboards so dont judge me.
Thanks again for help.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, I believe you need to select what you're wanting to load-- voice, song, style, registration, etc. Then you should be able to specify which folder you want to look in and it will show you just the selected type of files in that folder.

At least, that's how I think it works, based on what I remember hearing from people who have a PSR-S model. :)

By the way-- Welcome to the forums, @Yamaha User!

Reaction score
Getting to grips with any keyboard takes time and effort hence no judgement from me.

It is hard enough making sense of user manuals at the best of times and this is one area that is lacking with Yamaha in that the manual that Don gave you the link for is 224 pages of often confusing and minimal information.

By comparison the user manual for my Korg 700 has over 1000 pages but still trying to find a specific solution to a problem still takes a lot of effort even after having my 700 for two years.

Stick with it, you will get there sooner than you think.

Reaction score
Yamaha is known for not having the most user friendly interfaces and sometime their instrument user manuals can lack details on some topics. I think having a manual is better than have no guidance at all. Youtube videos can be very helpful as well. Don aka B3

Ask a Question