One MIDI cable to connect the keyboard to laptop, USB C smartphones and a USB micro-B smartphone, is it possible?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new here. Since we all play music keyboard in my house, I need to know if it exists some kind of universal MIDI cable with more plugins, so that we can simply switch and connect the keyboard respectively to the laptop, or the USB C smartphone or the USB micro-B smartphone. Otherwise I need to know if there are other solutions: for example, I was wondering if a MIDI to USB cable for laptop, would work with these smartphones as well through USB to USB C/micro-B adaptors; I was thinking that maybe in this case I would need some specific kinds of adaptors.
Thank you everyone :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Average cost for a USB cable is $2 to $10 depending on where you shop. (ebay, amazon, dollarama...)

Are you really worried about spending $40 on cables that you want some kind of octopus USB cable for every occasion?

In answer to your question : No, I've never heard of such a cable.

Just use standard USB adapters.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question