Online lessons

Reaction score
I am currently taking clarinet lessons online with a teacher in California (I'm in Kentucky). I've been studying clarinet for a years.

I've just started learning to play the keyboard (love it!). Would I benefit from online lessons at my level? The closest piano teachers are between 30 and 50 miles away -- Tx

Reaction score
Before you part with your hard earned cash do check out Gary’s excellent Tutorials thread.

You may find a freebie site that has a lot of structured tutorials.

For theory check out Michael New on Youtube.

As to online live video tutorials I have no experience of them, I did take keyboard lessons at my local music store when I took up playing keys a few years ago but did not find them particularly useful at the time, probably a different matter if I started them again as I seem to have plateaued and need a kick start up the next slope.

Checkout

Its not a live tuition more of a subscribe for $x bucks a month and access hundreds of hours of structured tutorials. It is probably worth subscribing to his website as well as Youtube and wait, you will probably receive free access for a month so you could have a good look at what is there then cancel payments, that is just precisely what I did and yes there is a ton of very good advice there.

Reaction score
I take online lessons and dig it. I did take about a month on one on one lessons from typical music store teacher (boring), but was a help being one on one so they could easily see my fingers and correct. After that then I switched to a online teacher and all is great. I just put my tablet on a table on end of my keyboard elevated up so they get a good view of my hands. But amazing how much they can tell just from hearing me play.

If just starting keyboard must be someone local from church or school who can give you basic finger and position advice to get started, then go with a online teacher. Even a local kid who been playing awhile can help get you started.

Reaction score
Before you part with your hard earned cash do check out Gary’s excellent Tutorials thread.

You may find a freebie site that has a lot of structured tutorials.

For theory check out Michael New on Youtube.

As to online live video tutorials I have no experience of them, I did take keyboard lessons at my local music store when I took up playing keys a few years ago but did not find them particularly useful at the time, probably a different matter if I started them again as I seem to have plateaued and need a kick start up the next slope.

Checkout

Its not a live tuition more of a subscribe for $x bucks a month and access hundreds of hours of structured tutorials. It is probably worth subscribing to his website as well as Youtube and wait, you will probably receive free access for a month so you could have a good look at what is there then cancel payments, that is just precisely what I did and yes there is a ton of very good advice there.

Thanks. I'll look into them today.

Ask a Question