Opinion about self learning?

Reaction score
Depends on your learning style I guess! Lessons aren't for everyone, but they can be a massive help and also force you to get the practice in.

Reaction score
I would take lessons in the beginning of your learning phase, otherwise you certainly will learn - as The Y-man said - wrong fingering, wrong cords etc. and these mistakes - once learned - are very difficult to correct in later time. :confused:

So take lessons for the basic knowledge and practice of keyboarding. Just in the beginning it is very important to have a correction through the teacher.;)

jen

Reaction score
I don't see the point of paying for lessons personally, I just want to be able to learn as a hobby. It's just annoying that there doesn't seem to be much help out there to get from beginner to advanced, only basics. Could be just me there though

Reaction score
taking lessons will be always better if you want to play great, but you can always learn a bit of reading sheet music by yourself, and watching youtube videos, tutorials of posture and that stuff

Reaction score
I was self-taught for years. Then, I tried about 5 teachers until I got one who didn't insist on children's songbooks. They actually taught me how music worked through chords, scales, and modes.

Ask a Question