orchestra sample

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
"Orchestra tuning sample"? What do you mean, the sound of the members of an orchestra tuning their instruments?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
"Orchestra tuning sample"? What do you mean, the sound of the members of an orchestra tuning their instruments?

lol . . That would be the dumbest sound imaginable! Tuning violins and french horns . . Doh!
Does he mean orchestral backing sound with strings, woodwind etc. actually playing rhythms.
Yamaha arranger KB's have a choice of orchestral voices playing rhythms which you can change the chords to.
Mine has mainly string sections. I cannot advise on other brands but surely they would have similar voice selection.
Ray

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I don't know, Ray. Have you ever listened to "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"? Doesn't it start out with something kind of like that? I'll have to go give it a listen to refresh my memory.

Reaction score
Yes you got it ,Sgt Peppers has the sound on it , a few bands experimented with it late 60,s early 70,s . I messed around with it on a friends Key,s back then , but he,s passed and key,s long gone .
I thought it may be on the Emulator 1 or 11 but no , so still looking .

Reaction score
Only way I can think of producing the sounds is to create them on a DAW, then inport the file as a MIDI or as a WAV/mp3 and assign it to a sequencer preset etc to initiate playback.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually the easiest way to create the sound is use a sampling keyboard or a computer sampling program and record the sound live.

Honestly I'd imagine the web already has a WAV file ready made with the sound.

I just checked, there's dozens, but this site has it royalty free in both WAV and MP3 formats.

http://www.grsites.com/archive/sounds/category/4/?offset=312

Just download it and import it into whatever sampler you have available.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I listened to "Sgt. Pepper" earlier this evening, and it doesn't actually start with the sound of an orchestra tuning; it's more the sound of an audience as a band is getting ready to start playing. But I'm sure somebody had a song that started out with an orchestra tuning, followed by the conductor tapping his baton-- unless I'm just crazy.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
But I'm sure somebody had a song that started out with an orchestra tuning, followed by the conductor tapping his baton-- unless I'm just crazy.
I think jethro tull did exacly this on "minstrel in the gallery'
I will dig it out and play it later. To be sure ...
Ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
It wasn't "minstrel in the gallery" That was just chatter not tuning. But I know of what you speak Michael. There is a tune out there from our past that does the orch tuning and the conductor taps his stick. It has my brain working on it. (That 's a change!:eek:)
Now there's an album
Yes indeed. Just played it again
Ray

Ask a Question