Orla DMK 7 and DMK8

Reaction score
For Orla DMK7 and DMK8
This excellent master keyboard has a complete absence of
available information on the web.
If you need technical assistance, (not the user manual because there isn't one available) please let me know.
I'm an electronics engineer and have just completed a rebuild of the LCD display in my DMK8.
I'd be pleased to help.

Reaction score
Hi Garryk

I've got a dmk-8 I've had festering in the loft. I'm now making a electric grand piano with pc, amp, speakers etc.. And using the dmk8 (extracted from the case) for the keys as I like the keyboard, weight etc..

I'd love to get a sustain pedal working directly into the keyboard to prevent extra midi units, setup etc.. There's a footswitch midi input, and options for sustain within the menu, but I cannot find any details for the footpedal anywhere.

Do you by any chance know anything about it? I'd love for it to just be a n/o connection using 2 of the midi pins, but the midi pcb board seems to have all pins wired.

I don't expect u'd have any idea, but thought I'd ask incase.

Thanks for your time,

Danny

Reaction score
Hi Garryk

I've got a dmk-8 I've had festering in the loft. I'm now making a electric grand piano with pc, amp, speakers etc.. And using the dmk8 (extracted from the case) for the keys as I like the keyboard, weight etc..

I'd love to get a sustain pedal working directly into the keyboard to prevent extra midi units, setup etc.. There's a footswitch midi input, and options for sustain within the menu, but I cannot find any details for the footpedal anywhere.

Do you by any chance know anything about it? I'd love for it to just be a n/o connection using 2 of the midi pins, but the midi pcb board seems to have all pins wired.

I don't expect u'd have any idea, but thought I'd ask incase.

Thanks for your time,

Danny

Hi Danny.
Solved! I'm posting from Italy where Orla still has the main factory, called them and got the footswitch scheme.
I had a sustain working, just use a common sustain switch (normally open type), the common (ground) to pin 1 and the NO to pin 5. it works fine for my dmk8. Let me know, here attached the scheme.
Oh, BTW: "Visto da fuori" means "as seen from the outside" :)
Bye.

Attachments

• Connessioni FOOT-SWITCH DMK7 - DMK8.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 506
Reaction score
In case anyone's interested, I'm selling my DMK7 on ebay. It's under Musical Instruments>Pro Audio Equipment>MIDI Keyboards & Controllers.
Regards,
Peter

Reaction score
For Orla DMK7 and DMK8
If you need technical assistance, (not the user manual because there isn't one available) please let me know.
I'm an electronics engineer and have just completed a rebuild of the LCD display in my DMK8.
I'd be pleased to help.
For Orla DMK7 and DMK8
I'd be pleased to help.

For Orla DMK7 and DMK8
I'd be pleased to help.
I own an Orla DMK7 and unfortunately the power supply has completely packed in and I can't find any information about it anywhere, any help would be much appreciated

Reaction score
I own an Orla DMK7 and unfortunately the power supply has completely packed in and I can't find any information about it anywhere, any help would be much appreciated

Hi Danny.
Solved! I'm posting from Italy where Orla still has the main factory, called them and got the footswitch scheme.
I had a sustain working, just use a common sustain switch (normally open type), the common (ground) to pin 1 and the NO to pin 5. it works fine for my dmk8. Let me know, here attached the scheme.
Bye.

Hi Danny.
Bye.
This is a message for Hugo, you said you were posting from Italy and you had a phone number for Orla, I would be forever grateful if you could pass it on as I have been completely unable to find any way of contacting them, a truly desperate man, Thanks...

Reaction score
For Orla DMK7 and DMK8
I'd be pleased to help.
Hello Gary. I have just bought a DMK8 and received in the post yesterday - it does not have a lid.... Looks like it has a power supply issue because the keyboard is dead - I tested the accessible fuse to the back-left of the keyboard but it is not that. Do you have any wiring schematics / service manual available that you might share? I think it is likely a loose wire on the transformer (hopefully...)

Regards,

John

Reaction score
Schematics

Attachments

• DMK 7-8 002-1.jpg
    DMK 7-8 002-1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Good evening everyone.
I am new to this Forum.
I am of Italian nationality (sorry for the google translation...).
With amazement I saw that someone still owns the Orla DMK 8 master keyboard, identical to mine.
Now I ask you a big favor: about 6 months ago, the keyboard no longer turned on. I was going to throw it away...
But if someone gives me a hand with some wiring diagram, or showing me where to intervene, I would like to try to repair it.
I'm not a professional technician, but I understand some basic electronics, and I'm good with the soldering iron.
Could the power supply part be replaced with a compatible power supply if necessary?
Thank you very much for any suggestion.
Good evening

Reaction score
Good evening everyone.
I am new to this Forum.
I am of Italian nationality (sorry for the google translation...).
With amazement I saw that someone still owns the Orla DMK 8 master keyboard, identical to mine.
Now I ask you a big favor: about 6 months ago, the keyboard no longer turned on. I was going to throw it away...
But if someone gives me a hand with some wiring diagram, or showing me where to intervene, I would like to try to repair it.
I'm not a professional technician, but I understand some basic electronics, and I'm good with the soldering iron.
Could the power supply part be replaced with a compatible power supply if necessary?
Thank you very much for any suggestion.
Good evening

Reaction score
Salve, avrei bisogno di qualche consiglio tecnico pertinente al master keyboard Orla dmk 8 dopo diverso tempo di non utilizzo non funziona più, il display si accende ma non si riesce a programmare. Per informazioni contattare (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question