Out of tune

Reaction score
I have a KN 6000 when i play the backing with the left hand the right side of the keyboard is not in tune with it .
For instance when i play in C major with the left i have to play in D with the right hand
Can anyone help me. thansk in advance

Reaction score
Assuming you have the keyboard split it sounds to me like you have a transpose set on the rhs by a couple of taps of the + button.

Also check in the manual to see if the transpose can be set in the menu.

Sometimes transpose adjusts the whole of the keyboard and yet with some arrangers transpose only affects the right or left of the split.

Also can the instruments that are layered have their tuning individually adjusted as this may be your issue, that is something else for you to check.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If your keyboard has an option to reset everything to the "factory default" settings, sometimes doing that is easier and quicker than hunting through menus of functions to find a setting that's gotten changed.

But before you do any sort of "factory reset," make sure you understand whether it will clear any custom voices or registrations or song recordings or custom styles, and save (that is, offload) anything you don't want to lose.

Reaction score
Assuming you have the keyboard split it sounds to me like you have a transpose set on the rhs by a couple of taps of the + button.

Also check in the manual to see if the transpose can be set in the menu.

Sometimes transpose adjusts the whole of the keyboard and yet with some arrangers transpose only affects the right or left of the split.

Also can the instruments that are layered have their tuning individually adjusted as this may be your issue, that is something else for you to check.
Thanks I tried all you said made no difference

Reaction score
If your keyboard has an option to reset everything to the "factory default" settings, sometimes doing that is easier and quicker than hunting through menus of functions to find a setting that's gotten changed.

But before you do any sort of "factory reset," make sure you understand whether it will clear any custom voices or registrations or song recordings or custom styles, and save (that is, offload) anything you don't want to lose.
Hi There thanks for that however I cant find how to reset the manual does not refer to it at all. So still at a loss as some times whn i first turn it on its fine only when i try and enter a memory or change the sound!!

Reaction score
Does any one know how to do a factory reset on
Ask Google

Factory Reset KN 6000 and it responds

Hold Latin World and Custom buttons then switch on.
Hi There.
I tried it Three Times didnt work !!
a Technics KN 6000 Please

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If doing a reset didn't change anything, then it's probably something else.

Reaction score
Well I have done everything you guys suggested reset etc. Its still the same when I 1st turn it on its fine as soon as i try and put in a memory or change the right hand side its out . The left hand side of the split is on Fingered and if you play the chord of C major the right side is in D major dosnt make any sense to me.
I would like to thank you all for the helpbut so far not sorted it

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
when I 1st turn it on its fine

So it doesn't have this problem when you turn it on?

as soon as i try and put in a memory

What do you mean by "put in a memory"? Are you talking about recalling a registration or other saved data, or do you mean something else? It sounds like whatever you are recalling or "putting in" is causing the problem.

or change the right hand side its out .

Change the right hand side in what way? Again, it sounds like whatever you are doing is causing the problem.

Reaction score
Is there a tuning feature such as stretch tuning on your keyboard?

Maybe somehow your Registrations are turning on this feature.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
It sounds more like Transpose-- a.k.a. Coarse Tuning-- to me, as you had originally suggested.

Reaction score
If you go into Sound Edit and look at PITCH EDIT; you will find there that you can "Detune" or "Fine Tune" parts of the keyboard and the split. Check that out and see if some how you might have played around at one stage and changed those entries. I think it is Page 144 on wards for those settings.

Reaction score

Hi
I had today this problem on my e413. I pressed down the last white key and turned it on, ewerything is ok :) Thank you.

Reaction score
Well
I have tried full reset etc. I have just been up and reset all the pitch settings to how it shoes in the book.
When i 1st switch it on its absolutely fine , I can even change instruments as its on Right 1 I can set a tempo and style it works beautifully, but then as soon as I press right 2 it then goes out of tune to the left hand side. Then if I press a memory i have set previously it will go to it but its in D major when im playing in C major on the left side.
Guys I thank you for your time i have tried everything you guys have suggested but still can not get it to play in tune. So strange.
Im completely at a loss with it and a little disapointed as I only got it the other week

Reaction score
THINK after everything it could be the pitch wheel !!
Where in the uk could i get it repsaired any ideas any body

Reaction score
THINK after everything it could be the pitch wheel !!
Where in the uk could i get it repsaired any ideas any body

Depending upon where you live in the UK if I were you I would make contact with a Music Store like Bonners, A&C Hamilton, Andersons etc and ask them for advice.

Another tack could be asking one of the organ societies, since many members have vintage gear that does require a Tech now and then.

Reaction score
Rich Tone Music in Sheffield may be able to help in advising a Tech who can help.

If you are a handy DIYer then you could always try to repair it yourself using manual the Michael posted the link to.

You will probably find that the pitch wheel is an assembly with a potentiometer at its heart, replacement potentiometers of the correct size and spec are readily available via CPC or RS components.

Or

Ask a Question