P121 audio recording

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to record audio over usb on Yamaha P 121. I am only able to record midi on garageband until now through USB connection on my Mac. I have downloaded the yamaha steinberg driver as well, but I've no clue what to do next..

Please help!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Welcome.

I also have a P121 but it is not connected to a Mac only a PC so I will be a bit hit and miss in a response.

By recording audio do you mean that you actually want to record an analogue audio track within Garage Band?

I do have Garage Band but it is on my iPad, I will have a play later and see if there is a way.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't have a P-121, but I do have a MacBook Air and a PSR-EW400 which has USB audio, so I'll see if I can connect them and get the Steinberg driver working.

Reaction score
I don't have a P-121, but I do have a MacBook Air and a PSR-EW400 which has USB audio, so I'll see if I can connect them and get the Steinberg driver working.
Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing back!

Reaction score
I found this on a Yamaha site while looking for info on the Yamaha "Audio over USB" feature. This said ---"

The P-121 is also compatible with the Smart Pianist app for iOS devices, which allows pianists to turn their smart device into an intuitive and rich graphic user interface, making selecting Voices and configuring settings even easier.

The Smart Pianist app also takes advantage of the instrument's built-in USB audio and MIDI interface and on-board speaker system. This not only enables the user to play along with their favorite artists, but it also allows them to record audio and/or MIDI performances into a computer. "

Maybe this will help. Don

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I found this on a Yamaha site while looking for info on the Yamaha "Audio over USB" feature. This said ---"

The P-121 is also compatible with the Smart Pianist app for iOS devices, which allows pianists to turn their smart device into an intuitive and rich graphic user interface, making selecting Voices and configuring settings even easier.

The Smart Pianist app also takes advantage of the instrument's built-in USB audio and MIDI interface and on-board speaker system. This not only enables the user to play along with their favorite artists, but it also allows them to record audio and/or MIDI performances into a computer. "

Maybe this will help. Don
So there's no other way of recording audio over usb except using the smart piano app?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
So there's no other way of recording audio over usb except using the smart piano app?
I would suggest you contact your Yamaha dealer where you got the piano., or continue on the web research based on the implications that you must use Smart Piano. good luck.

Ask a Question