P125 and P45 external devices question

Reaction score
Hi,

Im not too familiar with terms so I want to clarify and ask a few stupid questions:
Ultimately I am looking to use a P45 rig instead of P125 sinces its included in the room rental.

1) Am i correct to assume that P45 doesnt work with the Smart Pianist app which is required to run the P125?

2) MIDI and USB to Host are different right? At the moment, I use two soft synthesizers (FM2 and SynthOne) through iPad or MacBook in order to generate patches that the P125 or CTX doesnt have. Is this feature available on P45 ( I read the manual and it says no MIDI), as a USB to Host feature? I use cable with the box looking plug on one end and USB on the other.

Thanks guys!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't see the Smart Pianist listed among the compatible apps, so I assume it doesn't work with the P-45.

Although the P-45 doesn't have MIDI ports, it definitely has MIDI capabilities. You would use a standard USB cable (type A to type B) to connect the P-45 to your iPad or Macbook, instead of having to use a special MIDI to USB interface cable. So yes, you should still be able to play soft synths and other sound module apps using the P-45 as a keyboard controller.

Reaction score
Actually I looked last week and it appears to be a P95 Not 45..... I can’t seem to find a USB to host outlet,. simce this rig is old and outdated Im assuming this tech set up is likely not available right?

Reaction score
The manual for a P95 has MIDI in/out ports but no USB Host port.

You will need an interface unit or adaptor cable to connect up to a Computor.

Ask a Question