P125 rhythms vs dgx670 styles

Reaction score
Epianos...Dealer in Banbury UK has done in informative video regarding these two pianos.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Graham.

Interesting comparison of DP’s that are in different market sectors.

Having had a P121 73 key, version for a couple of years the voices are good overall, and it beats competition in the ease of changing voices and it is reasonably light in weight.

I have been impressed by the DGX but it does have limits in not having a touch screen and the limited ACMP features but here it does have 4 variations so that is a big plus point. Whilst I am a Korg guy this DGX imo blows the XE20 away so much that I am even considering buying one myself if Korg do not get their act together soon and release new arrangers.

Summary

P125 £525 24 voices plus 20 rhythms
DGX 670 £800 601 voices plus arranger features with 263 Styles

Main competitor Models in market sector but there are other DP’s at similar prices.

P125 v Roland FP60X v Korg D1 v Casio PX S1000 v Kawai ES110

Yamaha DGX 670 v Korg XE20 v Casio PX S3000 (these are all there are)

This is the release video at the online NAMM in Jan 2021

Reaction score
Biggles. YES, the DGX-670 does have limits which I believe are down to Yammy fitting within its price point of £799.
Now into my second month I would have liked to have seen a better Menu system.
Touch screen would have been difficult with this size of screen but a few more buttons would have made editing easier.
Excellent are build quality, appearance, sound quality, and key bed are all winners at its price.

Reaction score
I have been impressed by the DGX but it does have limits in not having a touch screen and the limited ACMP features but here it does have 4 variations so that is a big plus point. ...
Yamaha DGX 670 v Korg XE20 v Casio PX S3000 (these are all there are)

Maybe Casio PX-360 and PX560? These have the accompaniment features but also have touchscreen. (On the lower end, there's also the CDP-S360, but no touchscreen on that one.)

Reaction score
Thanks Scott.
Alas the thing that steers me away from the models you suggest is the manufacturer.

I am not impressed at all by Casio, the 5000 that I briefly had was terrible, the S1000 and 3000 were outclassed by other manufacturers products.

Then when the CT-S 500 & 1000 were released, that did it. They look like they were designed by a five year old, I simply do not care if they are the greatest sounding instruments of all time I fail to see how anyone can live with the Mickey Mouse look of these keyboards. The total lack of any degree of enthusiasm by the Casio guys in the Promo video (one in particular) when they first these models said it all.

Now though there is a new kid on the block in this market segment and it does have one Major thing going for it, its not a Yamaha,nor a Korg, nor a Casio, its a Roland.

Ask a Question