PA 600 or PA2X

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm considering a better arranger keyboard ( currently on Casio WK 7500)

I'm an amateur, playing with some friends at home from time to time.

Question: What do you think is better: Korg PA 2X ( used of course) or Korg PA 600?

Basically, I'd prefer 2X over 600 because of 76 keys. But if 600 sounds better than 2X, maybe that's a reason to choose it?

Mayo

Reaction score
The 2X could go all the way back to 2007.

That would trouble me in that wear and tear internally could be problematic if not now then shortly.

That said it is a very good arranger as is the 600.

If the price is right it may well be worth a punt.

Reaction score
What Col says makes plenty of sense.

I would add that personal experience with my Korg gear is it is very well built. My SV-1 is the original model before they upgraded the keybed. I bought it pre-loved so unsure of its exact vintage, but could be as old as 2009. My other two gigging keyboards are also Korgs. These are 2013 models so also starting to age a little.

All three keyboards have done roughly 80,000km by road to various gigs. They've had equipment dropped on them, been tripped over, endured heat, cold, dust and bounced around all over the place in the back of an equipment trailer. Not one has missed a beat ever. Of course I do take care to move them in sturdy road cases and personally treat them like gold. But things happen on the road.

If you can physically test the 2X, including all control surfaces, and are satisifed it's up to spec, I'd be surprised if it let you down. Wouldn't buy it sight unseen though.

Reaction score
Good grief, just looked on eBay.com to see if any Pa2X keyboards are listed, none are but there are plenty of Pa3X available at from $1500 to $2500 hence I would expect the 2X to be a good few hundred bucks if not over a thousand.

As a guide to others reading this thread a new Pa4X which is a current model is near on $4000.

Whilst the Pa600 is a capable keyboard it is basically an old model, the next model in the range is the Pa700 which was released mid 2017 and I bought mine in September 2017.

Korg Arrangers start with the EK50 ($400) then move up to the 700 ($1300), 1000 ($2200) and top of the range 4X, whilst others are still available I would not recommend buying any of these.

I have jammed with a guy who uses a Pa600 and my Pa700 is well superior in all sounds, styles and features and if you can afford it then a Pa700 will make a better long term buy.

Ask a Question