PA700 and Volume pedal

Reaction score
I am using the Yamaha FC7 Volume pedal on the Korg PA700 and every once and awhile the volume goes out completely. Nothing will work until I unplug the FC7 volume pedal. Is this because of compatibility issues? Has anyone had the same experience? I have calibrated the peddle with the same results.

Reaction score
I used one with my PC3 for 3 years flawlessly. All of a sudden after 3 years, at a gig, whenever i pushed down on the pedal it would restart my keyboard (as if I had turned the keyboard off and then back on). It did this 3 or 4 gigs in a row even though it never happened the first three years I owned the pedal. I then purchased a Roland EV-7 long throw pedal 6 years ago. I have not incurred a single problem with the Roland. A couple of years ago i tried the FC7 again and the pedal was dead. Not sure how that could have happened sitting on a shelf. Others have reported that the pedal somehow builds up a huge amount of static electricity. If that is true then I could see it causing issues since it functions as an expression pedal which is voltage triggered from the expression jack.

Ask a Question