PA700 harmonizer

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a voice harmonizer that can integrate with the Korg PA700? I'm using the onboard Mic input.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What do you mean by "integrate with"-- actually run on the PA700, or just run on a tablet and feed its results into the PA700, or ...?

Reaction score
The PA1000 has a TC Helicon Vocoder integrated within the keyboard, is this function what you are trying to replicate in your 700?

If so there are standalone versions you can buy but integration with your 700 is another matter.

By the time you have bought standalone kit you may well find it more effective to sell on your 700 and buy a 1000.

All your user Styles, Songbooks etc can easily be copied to a 1000 via the Media > Save > All command and saving the resultant Set file to the USB memory stick

Reaction score
What do you mean by "integrate with"-- actually run on the PA700, or just run on a tablet and feed its results into the PA700, or ...?
I mean actually have harmonizing controls through the PA 700. Apparently the PA 1000 has this already built in. I'm interested in your comment of running it through my tablet. Is there software out there to do this? Thanks for your reply.

Reaction score
The PA1000 has a TC Helicon Vocoder integrated within the keyboard, is this function what you are trying to replicate in your 700?

If so there are standalone versions you can buy but integration with your 700 is another matter.

By the time you have bought standalone kit you may well find it more effective to sell on your 700 and buy a 1000.

All your user Styles, Songbooks etc can easily be copied to a 1000 via the Media > Save > All command and saving the resultant Set file to the USB memory stick
I wasn't aware of that feature on the 1000 when I bought the 700. I hadn't actually decided to use a harmonizer at that point. I'll look into it further. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
I know that I am a bit late to this discussion, but I will reply anyway...

The Korg PA700 does NOT have any harmony features in-built. It does have a microphone input and you can select different EFX for the microphone input.

You only solution if wanting to stick with the PA700 is to use an external vocal harmony unit, preferably one that is controlled via MIDI. Something like the tc helicon Perform VK is a great choice.

I have a PA700 and the above mentioned Perform VK. They pretty much sync right up and they both work well. You will not be able to control the off/on of the unit from the PA700, but you can get a switching pedal, like the Switch-3 or Switch-6 to control the Perform VK. There are also third party companies who make switch pedals that are compatible with the Perform VK and are usually cheaper.

The reason you want to MIDI the Perform VK to the Korg PA700 is because the note/chord information coming from the PA700 will send the correct information to the Perform VK for your harmony chord recognition. You can set the MIDI channel of the chord information to transmit to the Perform VK (when in Style Mode on the PA700) and it will always transmit the correct chords. If you want to play the chord information, you can select a MIDI channel between the PA700 and the Perform VK and they will talk.

I have a little bit more complicated setup than what I explained above, because I am using Song, Style, and Sequence Modes and need a MIDI template on the PA700 that will still talk to the Perform VK, AND talk to other MIDI instruments I am triggering from the PA700 while in those modes.

The PA1000 is certainly easier to use because it integrates the tc helicon section right into the case of the PA1000. It may be a better option, but if cost is something that is a factor, then it is still cheaper to go with the PA700 and the Perform VK instead of spending more on the PA1000. In the USA, the PA700 is around $1,500 and the Perform VK is around $200. A third-party switch pedal will run you about $60 ( I just bought a 6-switch pedal, myself). So you are looking at around $1,750 USD for this setup (minus a couple of cables), and the price of the PA1000 is $2,200 USD. Sure, there are extra features on the PA1000 over the PA700, but I am not sure that there are enough upgrades, other than the expanded sample memory and the harmony features, to warrant the purchase of the more expensive keyboard.

I hope that this helps a bit, especially if you have not made a choice since the date of this thread...

Grace,
Harry

Ask a Question